[NL2-NL10] Folding aces on river

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10.35 (103.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $24.78 (247.8 bb)
      BTN: $25 (250 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      BTN folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.30, SB calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.60) K 9 J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.80, SB calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.20) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.20) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.25 and is all-in, Hero folds

His river bet seems polorized however I think he can have a lot that beats me like K high flushes, 2 pair, sets, JJ,99, flopped straight so don't think there will be much room for air.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mahee,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Any info on villain?

Cbet looks fine otherwise.

Turn: Some hands beat us like KQhh maybe QT/KT hh and some weaker suited connectors however KQ/AK/KT.

Can you see him calling or shoving those over a bet? We still have a redraw here which is great.

As played villain could still play a Kx like this but it's less likely, however he doesn't have that many flushes that are possible. However I still think the fold is correct (if he is unknown or nitty)
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      On the turn the check is fine right? I really don't wanna get check/raised on this turn with such a good draw.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      On the turn the check is fine right? I really don't wanna get check/raised on this turn with such a good draw.
      Well villain doesn't have that many hands that can really raise us here (that didn't slow play the floP). We block the NFD which means that the only draws that he may have are KQ/KT/QT and that's about it.

By betting we also get value from all Kx that don't have the flush (which is most of them).

I personally would still bet and go with the hand (once we bet we get the pot odds to call). We can even bet something like $2 to induce a light call or reraise.

What range do you think he sees the turn with?