This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] mp AQ, tricky line(brilliant or unlucky)

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2037469
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $6.59 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 3,0, Hands: 189
      SB: $4.61 - VPIP: 81, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,3, Hands: 16
      BB: $5.05 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 1,9, Hands: 81
      UTG: $6.37 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 59
      Hero (MP): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 71621
      CO: $7.74 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 19, 3B: 25, AF: 3,0, Hands: 26

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.20, 1 fold, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, CO raises to $7.74, 1 fold, Hero folds
      Villain showed A :heart: A :club:
      I basicaly wanted to induce a bet from one of the TAGs, and then get it in more money with the most likely best hand. I dunno whether this was just a very unlucky situation and a good plan, or not good at all
  • 5 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      EDIT: I did some research on limp/3betting :D It turns out, it's a common practice. People usually think it's a monster though, especially the first time you do it. So your plan of getting into a big pot with the best hand is likely to fail :)

It makes more sense with AA I guess.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: Considering the amount of money in the pot AND mainly the fact that SB called (huge fish) I would 3-bet here to isolate SB (and as a bluffvs CO).

Well played.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: Considering the amount of money in the pot AND mainly the fact that SB called (huge fish) I would 3-bet here to isolate SB (and as a bluffvs CO).

Well played.
      You did saw I openlimp/3betted, right? :D
      I expected to see something: ,,what were you thinking, that is not standard" kind of line.
      Or I make mistakes so often, that I'm just surprised I did something finally good.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Well played.
      You did saw I openlimp/3betted, right? :D
      I expected to see something: ,,what were you thinking, that is not standard" kind of line.
      Or I make mistakes so often, that I'm just surprised I did something finally good.
      Unfortunately I didn't see the limp...

I can't see why we would ever limp with 2 huge fish behind us.

As I mentioned on the other limped hands I doubt this is a very profitable play. Maybe if the entire table had tags but even then is questionable.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Funny :)

First I wrote...I can't remember what...but something like "I never limp monsters".

Then I saw Bogdan saying "well played"...made :f_eek: face, and started to Google.

Because I obviously give a lot of credit to his advice, I found something and even persuaded myself that it's not a bad idea after all :)

But because I never found myself at a TAGgish table, I couldn't apply this trick :) Fish loves to call, so I was just giving them such opportunity.