[NL2-NL10] mp AQ, tricky line(brilliant or unlucky)

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2037469
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $6.59 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 3,0, Hands: 189
      SB: $4.61 - VPIP: 81, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,3, Hands: 16
      BB: $5.05 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 1,9, Hands: 81
      UTG: $6.37 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 59
      Hero (MP): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 71621
      CO: $7.74 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 19, 3B: 25, AF: 3,0, Hands: 26

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.20, 1 fold, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, CO raises to $7.74, 1 fold, Hero folds
      Villain showed A :heart: A :club:
      I basicaly wanted to induce a bet from one of the TAGs, and then get it in more money with the most likely best hand. I dunno whether this was just a very unlucky situation and a good plan, or not good at all
  • 5 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      EDIT: I did some research on limp/3betting :D It turns out, it's a common practice. People usually think it's a monster though, especially the first time you do it. So your plan of getting into a big pot with the best hand is likely to fail :)

It makes more sense with AA I guess.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: Considering the amount of money in the pot AND mainly the fact that SB called (huge fish) I would 3-bet here to isolate SB (and as a bluffvs CO).

Well played.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: Considering the amount of money in the pot AND mainly the fact that SB called (huge fish) I would 3-bet here to isolate SB (and as a bluffvs CO).

Well played.
      You did saw I openlimp/3betted, right? :D
      I expected to see something: ,,what were you thinking, that is not standard" kind of line.
      Or I make mistakes so often, that I'm just surprised I did something finally good.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Well played.
      You did saw I openlimp/3betted, right? :D
      I expected to see something: ,,what were you thinking, that is not standard" kind of line.
      Or I make mistakes so often, that I'm just surprised I did something finally good.
      Unfortunately I didn't see the limp...

I can't see why we would ever limp with 2 huge fish behind us.

As I mentioned on the other limped hands I doubt this is a very profitable play. Maybe if the entire table had tags but even then is questionable.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Funny :)

First I wrote...I can't remember what...but something like "I never limp monsters".

Then I saw Bogdan saying "well played"...made :f_eek: face, and started to Google.

Because I obviously give a lot of credit to his advice, I found something and even persuaded myself that it's not a bad idea after all :)

But because I never found myself at a TAGgish table, I couldn't apply this trick :) Fish loves to call, so I was just giving them such opportunity.