$60.83
      MP2 (Hero):
      $26.00
      MP3:
      $24.24
      CO:
      $20.31

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.25, BU folds.

Flop: ($6.85) K, 9, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6.85) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($15.85) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $53.33, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15.85.
      his stats in 8 hands vpip63 pfr63 af4 3bET50 squeeze 100     
      on this dray board,he can be slow playing KK,AK and delay CB?
      so should fold to his turn delay CB?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: BTN seems to be fishy (stack size) so I'm assuming we called to keep him in? Otherwise I don't mind 4-bet/stack off 100 BB deep here.

As played I'd be a bit worried that a 3-bettor checks a K high board. Most people cbet them so this makes him a bit more likely to be on a slowplay or a hand like KT/KJ/KQ.

At the same time because we check the flop it may appear that we are weak (we'd bet a Kx at least most of the time) so if he is really aggressive he could take the bet/shove line as a bluff. With that being said, since he is unknown, I still think that folding is the better option and I would only call turn if we plan on calling the river.

What was your plan if he bet something like $10 on the river?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: BTN seems to be fishy (stack size) so I'm assuming we called to keep him in? Otherwise I don't mind 4-bet/stack off 100 BB deep here.

As played I'd be a bit worried that a 3-bettor checks a K high board. Most people cbet them so this makes him a bit more likely to be on a slowplay or a hand like KT/KJ/KQ.

At the same time because we check the flop it may appear that we are weak (we'd bet a Kx at least most of the time) so if he is really aggressive he could take the bet/shove line as a bluff. With that being said, since he is unknown, I still think that folding is the better option and I would only call turn if we plan on calling the river.

his stats was 63 and he reraised against early position,so I Just called.
      we played just 8 hands so couldnt be sure he was fish.
      but if A or K wouldnt come on the flop,I was ready to go all in.

and if he bet 10$ on the river,i would have folded,its bad?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      if he bet 10$ on the river,i would have folded,its bad?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

his stats was 63 and he reraised against early position,so I Just called.
      we played just 8 hands so couldnt be sure he was fish.
      but if A or K wouldnt come on the flop,I was ready to go all in.

and if he bet 10$ on the river,i would have folded,its bad?
      His stats, over such a small sample mean nothing.

My question was regarding BU. He seems short so he may be a fish. So I was wondering if you called preflop to keep the fish (BU) in the hand.

So if you plan to fold the river to any bet why do we bother calling the turn?