This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Kk Fh Ott

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $39.27 (196.4 bb)
      SB: $20.10 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $20 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $35.30 (176.5 bb)
      CO: $24.91 (124.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K:club: K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.70, CO folds, BTN calls $0.70, SB calls $0.60, BB folds

Flop: ($2.30) Q:diamond: Q:club: 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30, SB folds

Turn: ($4.90) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

River: ($10.90) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN folds

Results: $10.90 pot ($0.54 rake)
      Final Board: Q:diamond: Q:club: 6:spade: K:heart: J:club:
      BTN mucked and lost (-$5 net)
      Hero mucked K:club: K:spade: and won $10.36 ($5.36 net)

38/18 47% agg. freq. 36 hands.

Bet sizings on flop ant turn are ok, i think?

OTR? I`m not really sure how much to bet. If he has weak/medium Qxs, i should probably bet bigger. I though i can induce him with small bet to raise weaker Qx, turn PP into bluff or sometimes hero call them?

Perhaps betting smth. like 6$-7$ is still the best play here without more information?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: It's a dry flop and we want to get called by 6x, 77-JJ so a smaller bet is fine (besides the Qx that never folds anyway).

Turn: Considering that the Kx is a scare card for most of his lower pairs I may even consider a check here. If he has a Qx he most likely bets it anyway.

And with a check we give him a chance to perhaps take a stab at the pot with a weird flop float or a small pair.

On the river we have two options.

A) Bet small as you did an hope he raises Qx hands (he will raise QJ/JJ) and call with the weak pairs.

B) Overbet shove and go for max value versus Qx if we don't think he'd raise them on the river (like QT, Q9).