[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH AQ float

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      villain is 20/13 over 89 hands. looks like a reg.

is this donating? i dont think he will be barreling light here so when he checks i expect him to just be giving up. is it okay do you think?

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $16.45 (164.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $13.52 (135.2 bb)
      BTN: $11.18 (111.8 bb)
      SB: $7.23 (72.3 bb)
      UTG: $2.85 (28.5 bb)
      MP: $9.85 (98.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) K T T (2 players)
      MP bets $0.68, Hero calls $0.68

Turn: ($2.31) 8 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.40, MP folds

Results:
      $2.31 pot ($0.11 rake)
      Final Board: K T T 8
      Hero mucked Q A and won $2.20 ($1.12 net)
      MP mucked and lost (-$1.08 net)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

So I have a couple of questions here for you.

First of all what do you think about your call preflop? What hands do you expect him to raise and how do we stand against those hands? Also what's your plan for outplaying him postflop?

What range do you put him for cbetting on the flop here and how often do you expect him to bet the turn? (some stats would be helpful here).

Best,
      Plamen
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      hmm well i didn't give cbet stats because of sample. but he cbets ~70% of the time and cbet the turn 50% but we can't really say much from this sample.

preflop i called because he has been pretty tight over the sample that i do have, and i don't expect this player to continue with worse hands if i 3bet so i can't 3bet for value and i don't want to turn my AQ into a bluff so i just call. i think he will cbet all of his PPs once here and then give up.. but then i guess given how i expect him to have a tight range i shouldn't be trying to make a move on this flop because even if he doesnt have Kx or Tx he can still have draws.. i just thought i blocked a few of his draws.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

That he'd been pretty tight should probably lead us to fold, not to call in my opinion.

You didn't exactly stated any range here, so I'd give one that looks good reasonable to me - 22+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,AJo+,KQo.
      So against this range, as we can see, calling is not the best think, since we aren't really dominating a lot from his range, also he has the initiative and seems to be aggressive.
      Overall, I wouldn't say calling is bad if we have some kind of plan how to outplay him - we should spot some weakness and go for exploiting it.
      What would you do if you had AJo here?

As played preflop, calling the flop is kind of close, since he tends to bet a lot on the turn and this board hits his range quite well, so I'd prefer folding here and waiting for a better spot.

Best,
      Plamen