This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA postflop

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $27.98 (139.9 bb)
      CO: $29.96 (149.8 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $26.03 (130.2 bb)
      BB: $22 (110 bb)
      UTG: $31.31 (156.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: A:heart:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN folds, Hero raises to $2.60, BB folds, MP calls $2, CO folds

Flop: ($6) J:heart: J:spade: 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP calls $3

Turn: ($12) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP calls $6

River: ($24) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

29/24 36% agg. freq., 33% fold to 3bet (3), 72 hands

I wasn`t sure what to do OTR. I block most of the flushes, but i can`t see weaker hand calling a shove. He still can have some flushes, some Jx and 66. Maybe some combos QQ and KK. So i was probably going to ch/f. If the river was blank, then shove?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I mix checking flop with cbetting here depending on how cally I've seen my opponent so far. Keep in mind that lose raise/callers vs 3bets have many hands like AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, KQ, QT and some pocket pairs. I emphasize on the many Jx combos in his range which is why cbetting without getting called by floats and weaker hands becomes a bit marginal, especially when you barrel because you barrel into a stronger and stronger range.

AA is not always a bet/bet/shove for me on QQx, JJx, KKx after I 3bet pre against a lot of people so I either check flop or turn, not much river because I expect people to not double float 3bet pots so they have next to no air for me to check/call against.