This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH20 - Defend vs Sqz (2)

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      SB: 47/16

BB:

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($10.90) 55bb
      cincinkid (BTN) ($20) 100bb
      SB ($19.05) 95bb
      BB ($20) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 4 players) cincinkid is BTN T 9
      1 fold, cincinkid raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, BB raises to $2.60, cincinkid raises to $5.60, SB folds, BB goes all-in $20, cincinkid folds

Just saw his huge sqz stat and i gave myself a lot of foldequity.
      But afterwards i think i shouldn't 4B because BB range should be a little bit stronger since SB is likely to call maybe a 3B and my hand is not the best for a squeeze.

Is the size fine or are there reasons why i should make it smaller/bigger?

Final Pot: $26

BB wins $26.20 (net +$6.20)

cincinkid lost $5.60
      SB lost $0.70
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Chocular,

Preflop: I would fold to the 3-bet here for a few reasons:

A) Sample size for squeeze is small. It's only over 21 hands and 14% means 3 hands (of the 21) and chances are one of them is this one so at the time you probably had 10% (20).

B) 4-bet bluff has to work a high amount of the time and our hand doesn't have any blockers. The bluff has to work roughly 60% of the time. And I don't think villain can fold 6 out 10 hands here.

If BB is a good player though he should 3-bet a wider range here (for value and rarely as a bluff) to isolate the SB all for himself.

For example in a spot like this I may squeeze AJ+, KQs, TT+ to try and isolate SB (and rarely bluff). Now some of these hands I may actually fold to a 4-bet from the BTN, depending on our dynamic/history.