NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.03)
      BB ($15.84)
      UTG ($26.66)
      Hero ($15.74)
      CO ($20.48)
      BTN ($10.27)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.15) T:diamond: 3:club: 8:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20

TURN ($4.55) T:diamond: 3:club: 8:spade: 9:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $2.40, UTG raises to $5.30, Hero ??

Villain is unknown (just 63/63 over 8 hands)
  • 3 replies
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Personally i'd call here, you have good pot odds and better implied odds!
      he could have a set here, or a smaller straight, only thing that you wouldnt wana call against is QJ, he might even do this with overpair like AA/KK/QQ, looks like a set tho 2bh

Wait for Judge tho :D
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Personally i'd call here, you have good pot odds and better implied odds! he could have a set here, or a smaller straight, only thing that you wouldnt wana call against is QJ, he might even do this with overpair like AA/KK/QQ, looks like a set tho 2bh

I don't think a small straight is that likely here: he opened from UTG.
      Also higher pockets would most likely raise us preflop.

What is our plan for the river if we call turn? Is it likely that the opponent will just check to us after he raised?

Personally, I don't think that there is a weaker hand with which he would raise us on the turn. So I fold.

:f_cool:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Riks,

Preflop: 3-bet 150 BB deep here is not bad but we have to fold to any sort of 4-bet.

Postflop: Villain could reraise a AQ type hand but that's very unlikely (ck/call AQ on flop ck/raise turn).

I think you will face a lot of sets, possible straight and even bigger overpairs so I don't mind folding. If we call we have to play fit/fold on the river and fold to any action (unless we hit).