This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - A7s on BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $53.30 (106.6 bb)
      UTG: $57.21 (114.4 bb)
      MP: $105.98 (212 bb)
      CO: $12.65 (25.3 bb)
      BTN: $94.38 (188.8 bb)
      SB: $50.25 (100.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 7
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 5 4 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($4.50) 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.19, BTN calls $3.19, SB folds

River: ($10.88) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $9, Hero folds

Results:
      $10.88 pot ($0.59 rake)
      Final Board: 5 4 5 3 T
      Hero mucked A 7 and lost (-$4.69 net)
      BTN mucked and won $10.29 ($5.60 net)

BU Stats: VPIP: 22, PFR: 15, 3B: 8, AF: 2,4, Hands: 113
      SB Stats: VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 3,1, Hands: 9799

Do you think my turn bet makes sense?
      With a FD+OESD I decided to try some FE.
  • 8 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes it seems very standard. BU should not have much when he checks back flop as PFR and SB should not check twice with a good hand. Bet turn!

As played I probably bet river as well. BU would not check back flop with a flushdraw so he never has a flush now. The best thing he can possibly have is A2, but he mostly has A-high kind of hands I think. So I make a substantial bet on the river and expect it to work out most of the time.

ifs
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imfromsweden007
      Hi,

Yes it seems very standard. BU should not have much when he checks back flop as PFR and SB should not check twice with a good hand. Bet turn!

As played I probably bet river as well. BU would not check back flop with a flushdraw so he never has a flush now. The best thing he can possibly have is A2, but he mostly has A-high kind of hands I think. So I make a substantial bet on the river and expect it to work out most of the time.

ifs
      Thx!
      What would be a good size for the "substantial" river bet? 2/3?
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      yeah 65%-80% of the pot seems about right
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I squeeze pre. Is it fine to call ATs, AJs here? Squeeze lower AXs as bluff (semi-bluff) and squeeze AQs+ for value?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I squeeze pre. Is it fine to call ATs, AJs here? Squeeze lower AXs as bluff (semi-bluff) and squeeze AQs+ for value?
      Agree that it could work, but it shouldn't be a standard move.
      Also too few hands from BU to really know his fold to 3Bet or fold to resteal/squeeze IMO.
      And what does the SB cold call with?
      If he has a PP, with that VPIP he might be even calling you, giving you not the easiest of the positions.
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Agree that it could work, but it shouldn't be a standard move.
      Also too few hands from BU to really know his fold to 3Bet or fold to resteal/squeeze IMO.
      And what does the SB cold call with?
      If he has a PP, with that VPIP he might be even calling you, giving you not the easiest of the positions.
      +1

Not a big fan of squeezing weak hands in general actually, I think people fight back against it quite often. I much prefer calling here.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      But they both seem weak and their ranges have us beat :( . So why not? If you think someone is likely to 4bet I understand it
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Yes but you hand plays pretty bad in a 3bet pot when they call, whereas it plays a lot better in a single raised pot. I don't think they fold pre enough to make it immediately profitable, and I don't think we'll be able to pick it up postflop to make up for it. It's not terrible to squeeze, but I prefer a call.