[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - T9o on BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP3: $58.95 (117.9 bb)
      CO: $54.84 (109.7 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $46.32 (92.6 bb)
      BB: $27.06 (54.1 bb)
      UTG+2: $58.25 (116.5 bb)
      MP1: $67.44 (134.9 bb)
      MP2: $38.96 (77.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T 9
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 2 6 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.13, BB calls $2.13

Turn: ($8.01) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($8.01) T (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero folds

Results:
      $8.01 pot ($0.44 rake)
      Final Board: 2 6 3 5 T
      Hero mucked T 9 and lost (-$3.88 net)
      BB mucked and won $7.57 ($3.69 net)

Stats: VPIP: 58, PFR: 21, 3B: 10, AF: 2,0, Hands: 209

Standard CBet on flop, give up.
      Should I call the river?
      I thought of calling a small bet, but that felt a bit too big.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think cbetting the flop is a bit marginal because many cards you can barrel with equity actually improve his range as well. You can also delay cbet, he'll play his hand more honestly on the turn anyway thus your bet will work more often since you will face a weaker range.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I think cbetting the flop is a bit marginal because many cards you can barrel with equity actually improve his range as well. You can also delay cbet, he'll play his hand more honestly on the turn anyway thus your bet will work more often since you will face a weaker range.
      Aren't there too many bad cards that I can see on the turn to plan a delayed CBet tho? On what cards would I delay Cbet on? I'm not really familiar with that concept yet.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Aren't there too many bad cards that I can see on the turn to plan a delayed CBet tho? On what cards would I delay Cbet on? I'm not really familiar with that concept yet.
      Well, the idea is that if a card is bad for you to delay cbet (check flop, bet turn IP when checked to) he will tell you that by betting himself. The flop is not that great to cbet anyway because a loose player such as him has all middle pairs, connectors, gappers, A highs that don't float. They usually call flop with QJ type hands as well so overcard barreling is not safe for you either because they hit them too. If you check and he checks again on a Q, then it's likely he is check folding. He doesn't ALWAYS check/fold ofc but you also save yourself some money on the flop since he won't fold often to the cbet, you just make a more informed decision.

In other words, when he leads turn, he doesn't fold to flop cbet with that hand anyway. If he checks turn as well, it's more likely he is giving up because hands that wouldn't give up would sometimes bet out on the turn themselves.