[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - AKo on UTG2

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP3: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $82.32 (164.6 bb)
      BTN: $106.17 (212.3 bb)
      SB: $22.50 (45 bb)
      BB: $80.48 (161 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $50 (100 bb)
      MP1: $46.54 (93.1 bb)
      MP2: $49.18 (98.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K A
      Hero raises to $1.75, MP1 calls $1.75, 6 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 3 4 A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.41, MP1 calls $2.41

Turn: ($9.07) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.14, MP1 calls $5.14

River: ($19.35) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.97, MP1 raises to $37.24, Hero calls $27.27

Results:
      $93.83 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: 3 4 A T A
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$46.54 net)
      MP1 showed T A and won $90.83 ($44.29 net)

Stats: VPIP: 50, PFR: 25, 3B: 16, AF: 1,0, Hands: 96

Value, Value, Value, Crying Call.
      Thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      More value, more value, more value and you can probably shove river. He is not full stacked, you have opened 3.5x so you can actually bet/bet/shove if you adjust your sizings a bit. He never folds Ax imo given his stack and his stats.

I suggest something along the lines of 3.5 flop, 9 turn and shove river. Sure, it sucks you get called by some better as well ocasionally but you have value against any Ax on that runout vs a fish. When he raises I usually fold. I expect a passive player to raise AK and AQ at absolute worst but then I have to compare with all the sets and 2pair that can slowplay there.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      More value, more value, more value and you can probably shove river. He is not full stacked, you have opened 3.5x so you can actually bet/bet/shove if you adjust your sizings a bit. He never folds Ax imo given his stack and his stats.

I suggest something along the lines of 3.5 flop, 9 turn and shove river. Sure, it sucks you get called by some better as well ocasionally but you have value against any Ax on that runout vs a fish. When he raises I usually fold. I expect a passive player to raise AK and AQ at absolute worst but then I have to compare with all the sets and 2pair that can slowplay there.
      My plan with those sizes is, I'm still able to fold if he raises river.
      This way I still get quite a bit of value from all the Ax that don't fold until river (included), and maybe I get called from smaller things that wouldn't have called bigger sizes (because they "look too big", while they get dragged with smaller ones) but I save half a stack in case he's slowplaying or he gets lucky with a TwoPair.

Obviously all this goes to shit sometimes when an A comes down on river giving me trips, fucks with my brain that forces me to call because "HE OBVIOUSLY HAS ANOTHER A AND WILL LOSE".
      Sux to be me sometimes.

So except for my mistake on river given my plan, don't you think it's a better line to go with those sizes I did?
      I mean I know you think it's not, but tell me why xD
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      His slowplay range is not that wide anyway.

His weaker Ax range is so wide and calls any bet that I'd rather get value from that ASAP instead of trying to lose the minimum against a narrow range that is better than mine.

I don't think your opponent will care too much if you bet 2/3 pot or close to 4/5 pot unless you bet <1/2 pot or >pot. Anywhere >1/2 and <pot will look about the same to most opponents imo so on the big side of that with value and on the low side as a bluff. I actually do 2/3 for bluff and about 4/5 for value as a standard against confirmed fish that showed me they don't care about sizing. I only deviate from this if I try to exploit their range to the max with my hand.