This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] river play

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      6 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $15.41
      UTG+1: $12.07
      CO: $37.21
      Hero: $20.90
      SB: $28.55
      BB: $8.39

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T:spade: T:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $0.5[/color], 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: A:club: 7:club: 8:diamond: ($1.15, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $0.7[/color], UTG+1 calls.

Turn: A:spade: ($2.55, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: 6:diamond: ($2.55, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $1.4[/color], [color:#cc0000]UTG+1 raises to $2.8[/color], Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: $8.15
      [color:#ffffff]UTG+1 Shows 4d 5s[/color]

I guess my question is whether it was worth making a 'value bet' on the end since it's very unlikely that he had an ace the way he played it. I don't think i should have called the min raise on the end though. I just couldn't put him on any kind of a hand so a called.
  • 4 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      He played like he had a flush draw, but he could have A8 or A7 either (depending on how loose he is). Since the turn and river probably didn't help him yea I think the bet is fine, he could call you with a pair of 8 or 7 I guess. On the river with that miniraise I think you could call, you got very good pot odds.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      If you cbet flop, check turn and bet river a decent opponent will mostly think you're making a last (and hopeless) attempt to take the pot with nothing. Any 8, 7 or 6 will think that they're best. Some oppontents with also nothing will try to take it away with a minraise, or even want a little more for their lousy pair (this last play is quite bad i think, but it happens at these stakes).

I think the check on the turn is good, the value bet on the river is also good and calling the minraise here is no problem.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      thanks philip. it just seems like I've barely ever run across minraises that are bluffs at this limit, but I guess I'm getting good odds to call so he doesn't have to bluff that often to make a call worthwhile.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Can´t really give villain other hand than boat which he slowplayed on the turn and river. But I´d also make the call, since pot is small.