Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) 2:diamond: 4:club: K:club:
      BB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, BB calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.02, 2 players) K:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

River: ($5.02, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

BB shows Q:heart: K:heart: (Full House, Kings full of Fours) (Pre 16%, Flop 18%, Turn 95%)
      Hero mucks A:club: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 84%, Flop 82%, Turn 5%)
      BB wins $9.12

Villain is 17/9 over 200 hands

I think his Donk on the flop is pretty weak, and is, atmost, a king, and i'm putting him on a draw/king, so when he checks the turn i think i can bet for value. Then he calls, and i think i could be beat here a lot, but the FD misses the river and his bet gives me pretty good odds. Is he ever doing this with a busted draw or QQ or something? Do i beat anything on that river?
  • 2 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Playing 17/9 and calling BB will mostly be broadways and PPs. Raise on the flop is fine, You can get value from Kx hands, even AK if he doesn't 3bet them pre.

On the flop you should check behind cause his Kx has improved now. He won't have many FDs since you block A :club: , so his FDs will be more like Q :club: J :club: , maybe Q :club: T :club: . He does have many AK, KQ, KJ, combos.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sebsejr,

Preflop: looks good

Flop: Looks good and I agree that he usually has a pair like Kx, QQ, JJ or fd.

Turn: This is a bad card for us because a big part of his range has now hit and we have less value in a bet. If we bet here we shouldn't make it more than 1/2 pot. We need him to call worse pairs.

River: I would fold here. I doubt a nit like him ever donks a missed FD and on top of it he can't even have that many draws because we have the Ac. So we should simply fold.