Stack sizes:
      UTG: $8.35
      UTG+1: $6.06
      CO: $19.98
      Button: $22.57
      Hero: $19.18
      BB: $7.28

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A:spade: K:club:
      3 folds, [color:#cc0000]Button raises to $0.3[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $1.05[/color], BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: 8:diamond: 6:club: A:diamond: ($3.15, 3 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]BB bets $0.4[/color], Button calls, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2.4[/color], [color:#cc0000]BB raises all-in $6.23[/color], Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 5:club: ($16.01, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $16.01)

River: 4:spade: ($16.01, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $16.01)

Final pot: $16.01
      [color:#ffffff]Hero Shows As Kc[/color]
      [color:#ffffff]BB Shows Qh Ah[/color]

I don't feel like I played this hand well. I think a better option might have been to bet out on the flop since I was the preflop agressor. Also the way I played it, was it ok to call his push-in after my check/raise? It felt like he had a set or a strong draw...
  • 5 replies
    • Tosh5457
      I think you didn't play the hand very well either.

On the flop I'd bet, you got 2 opponents and there are 2 suited cards. After the 4bet from the BB, if he was unknown to me, I'd fold. It really looks like he has two pair or a set, and since he cold called preflop, he probably has a set.
    • gggeorgio
      ya I agree completely Tosh.
    • Philipvw
      I don't agree completely, because it was a situation where you played from blinds vs late, this changes the dynamics. I would lead out on the flop here, because each villains will have to at least call (and prolly raise) when they hit their ace in this pot, even if i get raised i wouldn't think that they are really strong and would probably bring in the reraise (ai) because i'm oop or check and push the turn.

You have tptk in a 3bet pot in blinds vs late, no shame in getting stacked for 100BB here.

As played, i think it's reasonable to assume that any ace will bet and that you can c/r, but i don't like this play that much. Again, if he brings in the reraise i would snapcall for the same reasons as mentioned above. Blind vs late and 3bet pot make TPTK a hand were you can easily go broke.

The only though spot would be if you lead on the flop and BB raises and BU reraises.
    • gggeorgio
      I meant that I agree that I should have bet out. If I had bet out and someone raise I would have pushed in for sure. I just found that I played it poorly because I didn't bet out and ended up having to call and all in as opposed to pushing allin.
    • Kaitz20
      I would bet out on that flop to get called by worse one pair hands and draws.
      Also I don´t mind getting it down with contibet, since I would also contibet with JJ-KK often enough.
      Really no need to slowplay on multiway 3-bet pot with tptk.