Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q:diamond: T:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.35, 2 players) 6:club: Q:club: J:spade:
      CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.35, 2 players) T:diamond:
      CO bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($7.85, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero checks

CO shows A:heart: T:heart: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 74%, Flop 29%, Turn 16%)
      Hero shows Q:diamond: T:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens) (Pre 26%, Flop 71%, Turn 84%)
      Hero wins $7.50

PREFLOP

So preflop, I put a range for him and I see myself at 44.4% equity. I guess this means it's borderline ok to call here even though in position and he is very, very likely to play fit and fold postflop?
      BB is uknown and SB is a very passive fish.

I don't think he'll call many 3bets OP unless given good odds, so I suppose this hand would also be ok to 3bet? What size could I 3bet to here considering I'm IP atainst these 2x CUT opens? is 1.50 ok? I realize it would give him odds to setmine, but I think I can deal with that postflop.

POSTFLOP

I thought about raising the turn, but then I think against this guy, he's only staying in with better.
      When he checks on the river. I thought about betting, but I couldn't think of any hands that I could get value from and I didn't think he would bluff catch, so I checked behind.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop I think this hand is slightly to weak to call with a short guy in SB that can shove so often. 3betting to 1.75 seems OK to me with position. That allows you to fold to SB jam as well and it's basically more to isolate CO. If he folds pre, great if he doesn't you can play position postflop with 2 high cards.

As played, I think river is a bet. AQ, KQ, AJ, KJ, T9, KT, Tx with clubs, Jx with clubs still in his range and when clubs miss it's more likely he will check/call since you can have more busted draws in your range.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze

As played, I think river is a bet. AQ, KQ, AJ, KJ, T9, KT, Tx with clubs, Jx with clubs still in his range and when clubs miss it's more likely he will check/call since you can have more busted draws in your range.
      Given that, and assuming you don't expect him to hero call much. How much would you bet on the river?
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Pre is definitely very borderline. I think this hand plays better as a 3bet (it's just slightly too weak to call.)

Flop and turn is obv standard. River is a bet for sure, he might not hero call super often but we're just always ahead here, I expect ppl to bet their strong hands here almost all the time. I would go for slightly more than half pot, like 55%-60%.

ifs