Stack sizes:
      UTG: $3.80
      Hero: $19.80
      CO: $9.76
      Button: $17.17
      SB: $3.24
      BB: $20.77

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A:heart: A:diamond:
      UTG folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $0.4[/color], 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: T:club: 6:club: 4:club: ($0.85, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]BB bets $0.5[/color], Hero calls.

Turn: 6:heart: ($1.85, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]BB bets $0.75[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2.25[/color], BB calls.

River: 9:diamond: ($6.35, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
      Final pot: $6.35
      [color:#ffffff]BB Shows Qd 10h[/color]
      [color:#ffffff]Hero Shows Ah Ad[/color]

Villain had been very predictable so far, so since he bet out on a flush flop I thought he must have a weak made hand like TPTK or two pair. I decided to just call the flop to control the pot size. When he bet out again on the turn I raised since the board paired so I'm now beating two pair 10 4 as well as TP and he'll probably 3 bet me with most things that are beating me because of the possible flush, and then I can fold if this happens. On the river I didn't think weaker hands would call.

Better ways to play this?
  • 4 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      On the flop I'd 3bet, I never play passively with a board like that.

On the river I'd bet again, donkeys pay with everything.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      ya i wanted to bet but timed out on the river, too many tables flashing at once X( and this one was a turbo i think.

I agree that I could have raised the flp, just wasn't sure if I wanted to raise in case he pushed in, then I'd have a though choice.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Raise him on the flop. You have an overpair and there are 3 cards to a flush already. Another club may scare him (cooler) or may hit him (any club beats you). Pot control is important, certainly if your 200BB deep, but at first you need to bet because for protection. And also, when you don't get resistance, you don't need to control at all. Every hand i a balancing act against pot control and betting for protection; on dangerous boards like this however protection takes the overhand.

Another note;

preflop at .05/.10

If you make it .40 it's called a raise, if some makes it 1.20 after you its a reraise or 3bet, because you also count the big blind as a bet.

On the flop if you bet, it's called a bet, if someone puts more money in it's a raise, if some puts still more in it's a reraise or a 3bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You´re deep, board is very drawy, you only have overpair.
      Just call flop and see what he does on the turn.
      You shouldn´t want to play stacks on that board. if money goes all-in you´re drawing dead or have a little odds to improve.
      Can´t see now reason to raise on the turn. I villain was bluffing then he might bet again on the river, if he has you beat then you loose minimum just calling.
      Check behind on the river is fine.