Just another blog...

• Gurofox
      Gurofox
      Bronze
      I have created this blog to track and share my "poker life" with this amazing community...

1st a short bio: My name is Diego(24) and I'm from Santago, Chile (sorry for bad english) I'm currently finishing my Bussines&Administration major, I have been playing poker for the last 3 or 4 years, but in the last 2 years (I guess) I've decided to improve my game and study a lot... As common players I've busted my $50 initial bank at PartyPoker so I switched to PStars with my own 1st deposit and I wasn't be an active member because I didn't get strategy points...

Yesterday I swithched from PStars to Party, there is a lot of invaluable content on this community, I still dind't play hands in Party because I'm waiting my founds to be transfered...

Will you ask why I choose english community than spanish?
      Easy, I guess europeans and northamericans players have so much level and there is a big gap between latinamerican players, thats the main reason and second here I will get much more feedback...

What will be in this blog?
      Mainly, there will be session updates and reviews, some random info and I will use like a daily diary... :D

Goals
      Short term:
      Be a winning player in micro stakes games
      Improve my game
      Study some poker books

Starting Bank:us$144

Grinding rules
      Session lenght: 60Mins (if I play my A++ will be 90mins)
      Multitabling: 4 tables (A++ game -> 6 tables)
      Stoploss: 250BB
      TEAKE OPPONETS NOTES!
      Post hands in evaluating forum
      Update blog DAILY!

BRM
      Shot to next level: 22Buy-In
      Advance next level: 25~30Buy-In (depends on how comfortable I feel the level)
      Down: 25Buy-Ins of previous level

I will use a ratio of 2:1 for playing:studying, currently I'm studying Professional No Limit by Ed Miller, watching Mathematic of NLHE by WiltonTilt and Moving Beyon Microstakes (both on deucescracked) and following the Guid to Skyrocketing your productivity by Schnitzelfish...

This is my NL2 graph at PStars

Sorry about the brick... Hope you follow me on this journey to the bigstakes poker!

follow me on twitter!
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello again Diego!

solid nl2 graph you have there. good to see you are working on your game. i'll be watching your blog! post some fun hands in here for discussions :]

Lewis.
    • Gurofox
      Gurofox
      Bronze
      Session Graph

This session was mainly to get familiarizred with the software, my new TableNinja Hotkeys and some stuff... I wasn't expecting playing to much o get a lot of dollars but variance was in my side this time I guess...

Play hand
      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.24
      BU:
      $3.92
      SB:
      $5.71
      BB:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $10.29
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, CO raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.68.

Flop: ($1.66) T, T, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.04, Hero raises to $1.27, CO raises to $3.44, Hero calls $1.93.

Turn: ($8.3) J (2 players)

River: ($8.3) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.3.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of tens(J J).
      CO shows a full-house, tens full of kings(K K).

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of tens(J J).
      CO wins with a full-house, tens full of kings(K K).

Have I played well this hand?... was the 1st hand of my session, dont know nothing about others players, just tracked 7 hands of my opponent...

when I got re-raised I put him on and tight range [QQ+,AJ+,KJ+] so I still have equity to make the call and buuum... I was a little bit shocked when saw KKs but sudenly J in the turn appears...

$0/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $1.91
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.21
      CO:
      $5.06
      BU:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 2, 2, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BU calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.84) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.62, BU calls $0.62.

River: ($2.08) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Final Pot: $4.28.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, twos full of queens(Q Q).
      BU shows a full-house, nines full of twos(9 9).

BU wins with a full-house, nines full of twos(9 9).

Waiting for comments for this hands...
    • sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      I don't see what we beat on the river, and i would fold that river bet tbh.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gurofox
      Known players:
      CO:
      $4.24
      BU:
      $3.92
      SB:
      $5.71
      BB:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $10.29
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, CO raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.68.

Flop: ($1.66) T, T, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.04, Hero raises to $1.27, CO raises to $3.44, Hero calls $1.93.

Turn: ($8.3) J (2 players)

River: ($8.3) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.3.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of tens(J J).
      CO shows a full-house, tens full of kings(K K).

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of tens(J J).
      CO wins with a full-house, tens full of kings(K K).

Have I played well this hand?... was the 1st hand of my session, dont know nothing about others players, just tracked 7 hands of my opponent...

when I got re-raised I put him on and tight range [QQ+,AJ+,KJ+] so I still have equity to make the call and buuum... I was a little bit shocked when saw KKs but sudenly J in the turn appears...
      hmmm its an easy fold preflop :D

first off i think it's a push to put him on KJ+ and AJ+. more like KQ and AQ+ and even then we can't say for sure. and also we block Jx. also he 3bet huuuuuge. but the main problem is calling the 3bet OOP. IP is another story, but since we will be OOP postflop i think it will be really hard to play this profitably. what if you call OOP, then hit a Qhi/Khi/Ahi flop? then we start playing guessing games which is not good news. if you think you are ahead of him then just ship it in pre, but with JJ i think this will rarely be the case.