NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.90)
      BB ($23.58)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($12.85)
      Hero ($20)
      BTN ($34.91)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN raises to $2.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.50, BTN raises to $34.91 (AI), fold

BTN wins $13.50

UTG+1 fish, I isolate him often.

BTN:

I have folded to 3bets already 6 times at that table, out of 6 situations. Its now 7 time. Hand before he also did 3bet me.

I tried to wait for some better hand like Axs to 4bet him. But 7th time, I thouth its really not strong and he knows I am isoalting fish.

Should I have tried to 4bet earlier vs him or its ok to wait a bit so my 4bet would look stronger?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

On one hand your 4-bet could look strong and on the other hand villain could think you are finally taking a stand and then 5-bet shove lighter.

Without knowing this information, at this limit, I would say that villain is most likely to give you respect when you finally 4-bet.

Considering he has position on us I'd probably start the 4-bets earlier so he at least knows we are capable of playing back. At these limits people usually tend to slow down and 3-bet you less once you 4-bet them back. Of course there are some that just go crazy anyway.

You can also 4-bet a bit smaller here because as it stands we are risking 32.5 BBs on a bluff. I'd make it at most 30 and even that is somewhat big.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      oh, so count in BBs. I was counting as 2.5x his 3bet, so I thought if I make smaller, he will definitely will not give credit.

Of course, even if he does not give credit, he has to have something - JJ or AQ at least I guess to get it in. Or do you think he might shove lighter?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      oh, so count in BBs. I was counting as 2.5x his 3bet, so I thought if I make smaller, he will definitely will not give credit.

Of course, even if he does not give credit, he has to have something - JJ or AQ at least I guess to get it in. Or do you think he might shove lighter?
      Most players at these limits will give you respect for your first 4 bet in 7 chances.

What would you do in his spot?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      What would you do in his spot?

Maybe even if I would not give credit, I would still give up vs first 4bet. It might be bluff because player waited enought and wants to bluff, but it can be strong hand as well.