NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20)
      BB ($22.70)
      UTG ($21.26)
      UTG+1 ($20.20)
      CO ($5.94)
      BTN ($10.74)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, UTG raises to $7.20, fold

UTG wins $4.60

The same guy who stacked yesterday me with his AA vs my KK.

I think I made correct fold because:

I need to invest another 17.8 for 40 $ pot.

I need 44,5 % eq.

With AcKc vs QQ+, AK I have almost 42%, so not enough. In game also it looked that at best its flip, I am having 0 FE.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

His 4-bet looks rather huge which makes me think that we don't have much FE at all. And based on that and what a regular range villain may go with here.

Now my questions/comments for you:

1) If he would 4-bet to a regular size such as let's say 24-26 BB what would you do?
      2) How does BB play? Can we call here and induce a squeeze from him (or is he fishy)?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      1) If he would 4-bet to a regular size such as let's say 24-26 BB what would you do?

I would still not believe that I have fold equity, so I would to the same as I did. He is not even 3beting lifght, so we can assume that he is not 4beting light as well.

BB:

2) How does BB play? Can we call here and induce a squeeze from him (or is he fishy)

I don't believe that BB will bluff vs UTG, unless he has AQ, maybe AJ at best case as semibluff. So not much induce.

One thing is - BB folds to cbets post flop in regulart pots and 2 times in 3bet pots. So maybe BB might want to bluff, knowing that he can cbet post flop and take down. (Maybe he has more stats on UTG and so knows better how does UTG folds to cbets).
      But looking at squeeze stats of BB - not the type of guy who does that very often, so vs UTG open he will squeeze even less likely.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      1) do we then expect utg to call our 3 bet wide? If not we should consider calling preflop.

2) its possible but I wouldn't call here just to hope BB squeezes. However combined with 1) it may make for a good option.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      1) do we then expect utg to call our 3 bet wide? If not we should consider calling preflop.

I think he can call with this range and and I have good equity vs it.

JJ-99,AQs,AQo

If he calls wtih more PPs then my equity gets worse, but then I can take more pots with cbet. If he folds more PPs, and calls only with JJ, then its also good - preflop fold equity.

Btw - should I choose "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread"
      when I don't have anymore questions, but answered yours?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

I think he can call with this range and and I have good equity vs it.

JJ-99,AQs,AQo

If he calls wtih more PPs then my equity gets worse, but then I can take more pots with cbet. If he folds more PPs, and calls only with JJ, then its also good - preflop fold equity.

Btw - should I choose "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread"
      when I don't have anymore questions, but answered yours?
      As long as he calls with a decently wide range we should be fine.

re: advise the judge - if you are closing the discussion then you don't need to hit that button however, given the high amount of hands that we have in both forums, we may miss some of the replies.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      given the high amount of hands that we have in both forums, we may miss some of the replies.

then I can click this. I asked because, I thought you might not understand why I choose that coach look at the thread when I am asking nothing.