Shove ranges, hyper/turbo vs regular MTT

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Silver
      Hello, i would like to know if shove ranges change when i play hyper turbo (3min blinds) vs a standard turbo or a regular mtt with 10min blinds.

Should i shove wider in a 3min hyper vs a 10min mtt?
  • 4 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey ronekinky :)

Pushing ranges are based on your chipcount in comparison to blinds and antes in most cases. Therefore it doesn't matter much how fast the blinds are increasing.

Still, if you have very fast structures you should be a bit more willing to take risks. Even slightly -EV plays make sense in some spots due to future game aspects. Therefore your ranges might get a bit looser.

If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Silver
      Ok thank you sir! I had a feeling that blindstructure shouldnt affect my descision much. But like you say, maybe be more inclined to shove +/-ev hands and even slightly -ev if the blinds are hyper. But very slightly.. Like -0,1 spots? :)
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      It depends obviously. It's possible to take spots where you are loosing several BB's in the long run if the future game aspect in the specific spot is of big importance.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      In general, yes, because the antes are bigger in HT mtts than in reg speeds.

However I think that the table, that means your opponents, should dictate the way you play a lot more than that. Eg. you cant shove atc in a correct spot if you're shoving into the biggest fish in the tournament.