This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] jqs 18

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.02)
      BB ($7.63)
      UTG ($6.24)
      CO ($5.33)
      Hero ($8.09)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, BB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.62) Q:heart: 8:club: K:diamond:

BB bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43

TURN ($1.48) Q:heart: 8:club: K:diamond: T:diamond:

BB bets $1.03, Hero calls $1.03

RIVER ($3.54) Q:heart: 8:club: K:diamond: T:diamond: 2:heart:

BB bets $1.50, Hero folds

BB wins $3.31

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine considering size/villain but since he seem aggro postflop as well we'd have to bluffcatch a lot (when hitting J or Q).

As played let's look at two options: raising the turn (since we aren't planning to call a river) or calling river.

What do you think of the above?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Actually based on the current intel i was planning to let the turn go without improvement, he might be 3bets a wide range over limited sample but i had less info about his postflop tendencies, if i call turn on blank then what about river ? If he were to check turn and bet river, i would have probably called.

I didn't consider raising at the spot at all, because he is aggressive and i just got some equity if he is ahead and i raise i have to fold my equity or pay a lot more or if he decides to bluff, as we see his raise cb and cr is low, and against what range i am valueraising ?

What is raise on the turn, is it value, is it bluff, why are we bluffing ?

Of course he did bet small at the river but previously my plan was c/f and sticked with it. His turn af would be double if he was making a habit of double barreling so far. My river fold was based on his turn action but i know i had good odds and he is bluffy, it was close. Against a turn bet like this QQ+,TT,88,ATs+,K2s+,J9s+,ATo+,K8o+,J9o+ i should fold the river
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Well said.

I did post those two options as options I would necessarily go with but rather at options I'd consider and evaluate.

I wanted to get you thinking a bit about different options/ranges.

However with that being said you didn't look at one point. What's our turn equity vs his value range on this board?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Assuming that is only value we need about 29% , cutting his range to this QQ+,TT,88,AKs,AJs,KTs+,J9s,AKo,AJo,KJo+,J9o gives us 30% we also have implied.

I didn't check it specifically, i very much expected similar results, worst case is his straights but even then i have 22% against aj and he is clearly going broke on bd flush.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Assuming that is only value we need about 29% , cutting his range to this QQ+,TT,88,AKs,AJs,KTs+,J9s,AKo,AJo,KJo+,J9o gives us 30% we also have implied.

I didn't check it specifically, i very much expected similar results, worst case is his straights but even then i have 22% against aj and he is clearly going broke on bd flush.
      Yeh so equity is not bad but if you assume 0 FE then we are not doing too well at all this deep.

So a raise would only make sense if he can call/shove many worse (like JJ, TJ, worse FDs) or bluff a lot.