Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.02)
      BB ($7.63)
      UTG ($6.24)
      CO ($5.33)
      Hero ($8.09)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, BB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.62) Q:heart: 8:club: K:diamond:

BB bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43

TURN ($1.48) Q:heart: 8:club: K:diamond: T:diamond:

BB bets $1.03, Hero calls $1.03

RIVER ($3.54) Q:heart: 8:club: K:diamond: T:diamond: 2:heart:

BB bets $1.50, Hero folds

BB wins $3.31

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine considering size/villain but since he seem aggro postflop as well we'd have to bluffcatch a lot (when hitting J or Q).

As played let's look at two options: raising the turn (since we aren't planning to call a river) or calling river.

What do you think of the above?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Actually based on the current intel i was planning to let the turn go without improvement, he might be 3bets a wide range over limited sample but i had less info about his postflop tendencies, if i call turn on blank then what about river ? If he were to check turn and bet river, i would have probably called.

I didn't consider raising at the spot at all, because he is aggressive and i just got some equity if he is ahead and i raise i have to fold my equity or pay a lot more or if he decides to bluff, as we see his raise cb and cr is low, and against what range i am valueraising ?

What is raise on the turn, is it value, is it bluff, why are we bluffing ?

Of course he did bet small at the river but previously my plan was c/f and sticked with it. His turn af would be double if he was making a habit of double barreling so far. My river fold was based on his turn action but i know i had good odds and he is bluffy, it was close. Against a turn bet like this QQ+,TT,88,ATs+,K2s+,J9s+,ATo+,K8o+,J9o+ i should fold the river
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Well said.

I did post those two options as options I would necessarily go with but rather at options I'd consider and evaluate.

I wanted to get you thinking a bit about different options/ranges.

However with that being said you didn't look at one point. What's our turn equity vs his value range on this board?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Assuming that is only value we need about 29% , cutting his range to this QQ+,TT,88,AKs,AJs,KTs+,J9s,AKo,AJo,KJo+,J9o gives us 30% we also have implied.

I didn't check it specifically, i very much expected similar results, worst case is his straights but even then i have 22% against aj and he is clearly going broke on bd flush.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Assuming that is only value we need about 29% , cutting his range to this QQ+,TT,88,AKs,AJs,KTs+,J9s,AKo,AJo,KJo+,J9o gives us 30% we also have implied.

I didn't check it specifically, i very much expected similar results, worst case is his straights but even then i have 22% against aj and he is clearly going broke on bd flush.
      Yeh so equity is not bad but if you assume 0 FE then we are not doing too well at all this deep.

So a raise would only make sense if he can call/shove many worse (like JJ, TJ, worse FDs) or bluff a lot.