Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.25)
      BB ($9.77)
      Hero ($6.33)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:heart:

Hero raises to $0.17, BTN calls $0.17, SB raises to $0.73, fold, Hero calls $0.56, fold

FLOP ($1.68) K:club: 3:diamond: 5:heart:

SB bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02

TURN ($3.72) K:club: 3:diamond: 5:heart: 5:spade:

SB bets $3.50 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $3.48

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Are we calling for set mine here? If not, considering how aggro villain is we would have to go with the hand on many boards (including one like this) however, in these positions 4 handed I prefer a 4-bet and call to a shove preflop as he is clearly 3-betting a HUGE range.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pre i called for value against his range with the intention of calling a cbet on most boards, even if his cbet stat is lowish.

Only reason that i didn't 4b because was that i was not convinced it would be for value or rather more value, and could do the same with pocket 2-s. He needs to shove pretty loose for tt-s to overcut his pairs and against any2 highcards it has 55/45.

So i was deciding between keeping his range loose and playing ip against his weak holdings with possible fold, or just 4b it which should show value by the folds alone and call could show value but it could be just below ev or just above ev. As we see he is not the big fan of folding postflop to single bets. Of course it would be more optimal if his cbet was higher.

Honestly not exactly sure how to make calculate the ev of this move, 4b is rather simple he folds 2/3-3/4 times i win the pot and the rest is about breakeven, but with this i have good chance to win the pot plus additional bet with possible folding, but he is persistent is should let go and any A high is probably autofold because he has it half the time.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Pre i called for value against his range with the intention of calling a cbet on most boards, even if his cbet stat is lowish.

Only reason that i didn't 4b because was that i was not convinced it would be for value or rather more value, and could do the same with pocket 2-s. He needs to shove pretty loose for tt-s to overcut his pairs and against any2 highcards it has 55/45.

So i was deciding between keeping his range loose and playing ip against his weak holdings with possible fold, or just 4b it which should show value by the folds alone and call could show value but it could be just below ev or just above ev. As we see he is not the big fan of folding postflop to single bets. Of course it would be more optimal if his cbet was higher.

Honestly not exactly sure how to make calculate the ev of this move, 4b is rather simple he folds 2/3-3/4 times i win the pot and the rest is about breakeven, but with this i have good chance to win the pot plus additional bet with possible folding, but he is persistent is should let go and any A high is probably autofold because he has it half the time.
      That's implying that he goes ALL IN versus us with QJ, KQ type hands. If those hands fold then he is making a mistake (but he won't know that). I would expect him to fold a good chunk of those broadways and Kx/Ax hands that bluffed preflop.

And depending on how big we make our 4-bet we can also go with the hand. Against let's say JJ+, AQ+ we have 40% equity so not too bad.

As far as the second part goes the guy is aggro on flop and turn which means that you may actually have to bluffcatch on 2 streets (where you put most of your money because his squeeze is large and thus the pot is larger). And he cbets, so far 75%+ in 3-bet pots. Add in the fact that you will see a high card VERY often on the flop and you will have a lot of bluffcatching with 2nd pair or worse to do.

So even though theoretically you may have a better EV if calling I still think that realistically a 4-bet is more profitable.