NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.14)
      Hero ($5.24)
      UTG ($5.08)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($4.83)
      BTN ($5.67)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.65, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.95) 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60

TURN ($3.75) 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:heart: T:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $4.42 (AI), SB folds, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.50

SB

BTN
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Why do we cbet so small here?

As played both players could have a wide range, especially SB.

BTN looks a bit aggro but I doubt he'll shove random floats there so we can ck/fold but I rather bet/fold $1 than ck/fold (unless we think that would induce him in which case we bet/call versus him).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      It was meant as a small value/protection bet, the target was the fish and similar bet would have followed it on the turn if only fish stays, assuming lag won't stay trying to bluff fish out too.

It is also a hard board to have anything on, and the fish is more of a fit or fold kind.

Would you call the shove of the btn ?

Giving it a second look shows that he 4bets nuts and with some bluffs probably so he is not really having a better pocket unless he slowplays, and 50% steal and 50% fold to steal not selling his case either, and why would he push if he has something most of time he would be sitting on fulls or high pockets that need little defense, only reason for his large bet seems to be big fe and considering the fish is bit fit or fold and my betting seemingly dried up i could understand it, but still nutty move in micros but if anyone he does it.

So normal bet and bet broke against lag but bet fold against fish ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      It was meant as a small value/protection bet, the target was the fish and similar bet would have followed it on the turn if only fish stays, assuming lag won't stay trying to bluff fish out too.

It is also a hard board to have anything on, and the fish is more of a fit or fold kind.

Would you call the shove of the btn ?

Giving it a second look shows that he 4bets nuts and with some bluffs probably so he is not really having a better pocket unless he slowplays, and 50% steal and 50% fold to steal not selling his case either, and why would he push if he has something most of time he would be sitting on fulls or high pockets that need little defense, only reason for his large bet seems to be big fe and considering the fish is bit fit or fold and my betting seemingly dried up i could understand it, but still nutty move in micros but if anyone he does it.

So normal bet and bet broke against lag but bet fold against fish ?
      I would have to agree with you here. If villain had a nutty hand like 6x, 88, TT, 66 he'd rarely overbet shove that turn (or PSB however you want to look at it).

Because of the weak bet we made and weak call from fish he can definitely see this as a spot to take the pot away and he is aggro enough where this is a real possibility.