This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJs nuts flush flop mutyway turn paired

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 104 BB
      Hero (SB): 292.8 BB
      BB: 107.3 BB
      CO: 75.2 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:club: J:club:

CO calls 1 BB, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, CO calls 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB

Flop: ($1.60, 3 players) 8:club: K:club: T:club:
      Hero bets 7.6 BB, fold, BTN calls 7.6 BB

Turn: ($3.12, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero bets 14.8 BB, BTN calls 14.8 BB

River: ($6.08, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets 265.4 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 76.6 BB and is all-in

No info on villian.
      Should I bet larger flop? Somehow when I get nuts, I tend to bet 50%, because I dont want them to fold, but I think now it is bad, because of the turn card, I dont have nuts anymore. And should I because of paired board on turn and river bet smaller? On river I was somehow sure he has Kx so I went all in, he is mostly going to call it, and I think with set he would raise me at least on turn.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: we should bet smaller with the nuts when we crush the board completely and villain doesn't have a wide range that can call.

Considering this board is quite connected and there are enough hands that can still call (Kx, Qc, etc.) we can bet larger.

As played I would start betting bigger on the turn as at this point Kx is not folding for a larger bet (and then shoving river).