Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.55)
      Hero ($2.05)
      BTN ($1.63)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: T:heart:

UTG raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.51) 6:club: 4:spade: 6:heart:

UTG bets $0.10, Hero ???

I found this interesting.
      After being 3bet and calling OOP, he proceeds to donkbet a pretty blank board. I see none of his range hitting, so either he has an overpair, or some broadway cards. Considering he would play AA, KK and maybe QQ differently preflop, we could assume he has something like TT, JJ and broadway hands in his range. The donkbet does not look like a valuebet to me, and at 14 % pot odds maybe we should take another card. Still, Tens block my pair, and his range also contains AT+ that dominates me. But it seems too easy.. for him to steal a 25bb pot with a 5bb bet.

I opted to fold, but I'm interested in your thoughts.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Painterman,

Preflop: Are we 3-betting for value? Villain seems shorter so he may be fishy and thus I assume we are 3-betting for thin value.

Postflop: I'm assuming he is somewhat unknown and I don't mind either raising the flop with our backdoor flush and two overs (and thus see how he reacts - I'd assume he can fold some amount of the time) or simply call and play the turn.

If we improve on the turn we can continue (and 15 cards help us) or even try to raise on a big card like K,Q,J if he bets small again.
    • painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Yes 3bet for value I believe.. I just got uncertain and figured I could read about it in some articles, but it seems this is for Gold members and higher? Are we not supposed to 3bet below nl25?

Where can I find out more about 3betting and 3betting ranges? It's quite a big topic, and i guess you can not cover it in a small forum answer post here.

I figured this was a pot where I either won alittle or lost alot, because if I hit I see myself dominated more than I see him calling with a weaker hand. Say turn is an Ace, do you see many Ax below AT that will call?
      Does me thinking like this go against that I raised for value preflop?

I can see raising here, as he would not play back without a hand, still the same danger is there.
      When you see 15 cards that help us, I see many of those cards also getting us dominated. Only flush outs are clean, but have to be runners.

Thanks!