Bronze
      $0.12/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (SB): $24.75 (99 bb)
      BB: $75.20 (300.8 bb)
      MP: $32.16 (128.6 bb)
      CO: $24.63 (98.5 bb)
      BTN: $26.26 (105 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) Q 7 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.93, BTN calls $3.93

Turn: ($13.11) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($13.11) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.55

im planning check/raise on turn as the card is good for him to semi-bluff(bluff) me? Is it ok or its big mistake and i should just bet/fold? the more im thinking about it the more it looks like bad idea as im giving free card or he is probably betting with better hand if he does :O

also what about my river bluff? I expect him to call with any club and fold anything without club :rolleyes:

25/20 / 20% WTSD / turn bet vs missed cb 35%(20) / 1.1k hands
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Danny,

I personally believe that villain will check back often on this turn. Hands like pairs, weak draws, even some Qx so we are definitely losing value.

As played we are betting/bluffing to get worse to fold and better to call?
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      i like the bet / f line as well.

no need to really turn our hand into a bluff on the river. we already have showdown value vs weak 1 pair type hands and only clubs will call. given he checked back turn most of the time he checks back Qx or some weakdraws and will just bet out a strong club draw.

so checking turn means he has no club most of the time and no hand will call us.
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Danny,

I personally believe that villain will check back often on this turn. Hands like pairs, weak draws, even some Qx so we are definitely losing value.

Yes, but when we bet and he calls I dont like the situation we get on the river, because we are out of position without not very good idea where we stand in the hand and a lot of cards will look very bad for us. I would be scared to put 3rd bet to be honest and then if he bets it will be so big guessing game i dont really like it :(

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Danny,

As played we are betting/bluffing to get worse to fold and better to call?
      Yea and also i dont know if he can bluff me behind on the river without club so just to make sure he doesnt i decided to bet myself.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      1) If you bet turn and he calls what do you expect him to bet the river with?

Most of the time villian will check down worse hands (very few turn made hands that they bluffcatched with into a bluff).

And on a river like a 4th club we can safely check/fold.

2) But we still don't get value nor can bluff. His range contains a fair amount of clubs and I doubt he'll just bluff you with any two. Most people just check down no club hands (if he wanted to bluff he could of bluffed turn). So I would be fine ck/folding because I know I don't beat much that he bets (on average).