[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - 98s on MP1

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $100.55 (201.1 bb)
      UTG+2: $92.02 (184 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $50 (100 bb)
      MP2: $52.49 (105 bb)
      MP3: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $203.13 (406.3 bb)
      BTN: $42 (84 bb)
      SB: $49.37 (98.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8 9
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, CO calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 5 7 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.01, CO folds

Results:
      $4.25 pot ($0.23 rake)
      Final Board: 5 7 6
      Hero mucked 8 9 and won $4.02 ($2.27 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$1.75 net)

Stats: VPIP: 15, PFR: 10, 3B: 4, AF: 2,8, Hands: 8481

Should I search some fancy play vs TAGs to extract value in these cases?
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      This is a board which:
      - doesnt hit our range very often, so opponent usually dont give us much credit if we cbet
      - therefore many opponent will try moves against us with wide ranges of (semi)bluffs

So I will definitely cbet, unless I have some read that he likes to move on the pot if pfa checks, and we could go for a chRaise. But it looks somewhat stronger, so I'd rather just cbet most of the time.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      This is a board which:
      - doesnt hit our range very often, so opponent usually dont give us much credit if we cbet
      - therefore many opponent will try moves against us with wide ranges of (semi)bluffs

So I will definitely cbet, unless I have some read that he likes to move on the pot if pfa checks, and we could go for a chRaise. But it looks somewhat stronger, so I'd rather just cbet most of the time.
      I agree. Very opponent dependent. When it comes to check/raising, if you think it gets a lot of respect you can add hands such as A6hh, A7hh, AKhh, maybe some smaller diamonds you don't mind raise/folding in your check/raise range to have bluffs in your range. If you think it looks strong, it means you get a lot of respect so you can bluff in that spot more often.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      This is a board which:

I agree. Very opponent dependent. When it comes to check/raising, if you think it gets a lot of respect you can add hands such as A6hh, A7hh, AKhh, maybe some smaller diamonds you don't mind raise/folding in your check/raise range to have bluffs in your range. If you think it looks strong, it means you get a lot of respect so you can bluff in that spot more often.
      That's what I thought too and that's why I CBet, glad I was right.

So regarding the bluffs, why did you mention those hands?
      What do we do if he calls, and why setting up a XR/F with hands that actually have some potential and we wouldn't want to fold?
      I have to say I basically have no bluffs in my game yet, except few rare cases in which I find very weak regular spots in some players (mainly TAGs due to their ability to fold), so I don't really know much about them.
      [i know i know i'm behind in theory, i'm working on it xP]
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The hands I used as an example need a turn to improve them and at the same time to not improve villain too much if we are to cbet and barrel. If called, our hand becomes somewhat weak but think of his range. What would just call? What would 3bet flop?