[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - 22 on BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $100.55 (201.1 bb)
      SB: $89.44 (178.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $51.50 (103 bb)
      UTG+2: $55.27 (110.5 bb)
      MP1: $50 (100 bb)
      MP2: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      MP3: $196.06 (392.1 bb)
      CO: $47.82 (95.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2 2
      6 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 4 5 K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.70, SB calls $1.70

Turn: ($6.40) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.63, SB calls $3.63

River: ($13.66) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $13.66 pot ($0.75 rake)
      Final Board: 4 5 K A 7
      SB showed T K and won $12.91 ($6.08 net)
      Hero mucked 2 2 and lost (-$6.83 net)

Stats: VPIP: 35, PFR: 17, 3B: 9, AF: 1,3, Hands: 94

Last one, and with this one I finally managed to catch up with all the sessions.
      So, should I outright give up after I get called on such a dry flop?
      Even vs these loose players?
      I felt like the A was a good card to 2nd barrel on as I can easily represent it.
      He completed and called me and he's pretty loose on PFR so it was hard for me to put him on a K.
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Why do you use such small sizings? I'd isolate to 2$ preflop, bet flop/turn a bit bigger.
      Otherwise I think your line is fine, I'd definitely cbet on such a dry board, and turn is the best card for barrel, plus we even turned a gutshot.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      1. Sizings indeed. Bet a bit bigger. Put in 1bb extra in each standard bet/raise because you love me. :D

2. PFR doesn't help too much. Look at positional open raise. He could actually always limp in SB so then you have to include AK in his limping range.

Your idea postflop is fine imo. A dry board where he gives up good equity against 22 plus A, 3, 2, 6 are decent cards for you. A, 3 and 2 you can barrel while 6 gives you some extra equiy but will connect too much with his range to barrel it imo. Ace is great since it gives you equity and is a scare card.

River is just a give up imo, too many Kx hands he doesn't fold, plus straights, 2 pair.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      1. Sizings indeed. Bet a bit bigger. Put in 1bb extra in each standard bet/raise because you love me. :D

2. PFR doesn't help too much. Look at positional open raise. He could actually always limp in SB so then you have to include AK in his limping range.

Your idea postflop is fine imo. A dry board where he gives up good equity against 22 plus A, 3, 2, 6 are decent cards for you. A, 3 and 2 you can barrel while 6 gives you some extra equiy but will connect too much with his range to barrel it imo. Ace is great since it gives you equity and is a scare card.

River is just a give up imo, too many Kx hands he doesn't fold, plus straights, 2 pair.
      hmm strange usually they tell me I'm too big on PF sizes.
      In this case he just completed on SB, and I bet pot size, so IMO if he calls 1.5 he calls 2 as well, no?

For the sizes postflop I usually bet in regards of board texture, starting from 60% on rainbow dry boards (this time I guess I missed seeing the 4 5) 2/3 with even 1 draw (like I would have done here), 3/4 being the most used one and 80% and 90% in particular cases.
      This way I am pretty much unreadable through sizes. But vs fish I'm starting to play more exploitably as someone told me (probably u Emanuel).

In this case I decided to keep it small anyway even if vs fish probably because it would have made easier to 2nd barrel, and they don't really pay much attention to sizes, so in case he calls at least I saved money.

For the PFR, I meant RFI/Steal (he has 33 on SB but I only have 3 samples even on 94 hands).
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah, I did tell you not to care TOO much about sizing vs fish but there is a certain point where it is too small.

Consider his range does not change for 3 sizings: 2/3 pot, 3/4 pot and 4/5 pot He calls, folds and raises the same range against all sizings. In this case I would use 2/3 for a bluff and 4/5 for value.

It's not always the case that a smaller sizing gives you the same folding equity though. I would recommend 2/3 as a standard in single raised pots at the smallest (dry boards, hits your range a lot as well) and only go up from there.

Preflop, he calls both probably but you are trying to build a pot IP. Being IP you get value when you hit better and you bluff him better. You want the pot to be somewhat big for those to happen.