[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh FF 77 barrel

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      villain's postflop stats aren't really enough here to post. but his preflop stats are 21/19 over 350 hands and overall seems like a tight aggressive thinking player. definitely a reg. i dont think he expects me to hit this flop very much when i cbet so i bet the flop with the intention of betting the turn.. i'm trying to understand barreling a little more and would like an opinion on this. i might have the best hand here since he can be floating with pocket 33 or something or even overs. so is my 2nd barrel okay? will post some more barreling hands.

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP): $10.46 (104.6 bb)
      UTG: $10.10 (101 bb)
      SB: $10.81 (108.1 bb)
      BB: $13.23 (132.3 bb)
      CO: $15.33 (153.3 bb)
      BTN: $2.18 (21.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7 7
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 9 8 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.48, CO calls $0.48

Turn: ($1.71) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO folds

Results:
      $1.71 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: 9 8 5 J
      Hero mucked 7 7 and won $1.63 ($0.85 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.78 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: barreling here turns our hand into a bluff. If he floats a lot (which is your assumption) we can also ck/call there to let him bluff.

When we bet this turn do we:
      A) get called by worse?
      B) fold better hands?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi DrDunne,

Postflop: barreling here turns our hand into a bluff. If he floats a lot (which is your assumption) we can also ck/call there to let him bluff.

A) get called by worse?
      B) fold better hands?
      erm... good point :D

no i don't think he calls worse and don't think he folds better. i considered x/c here but i'll be on the river and checking to him again and he can easily barrel his floats after i show weakness by x/c on the turn. should i just x/f turn?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi DrDunne,

A) get called by worse?
      B) fold better hands?
      erm... good point :D

no i don't think he calls worse and don't think he folds better. i considered x/c here but i'll be on the river and checking to him again and he can easily barrel his floats after i show weakness by x/c on the turn. should i just x/f turn?
      We either ck/fold turn or ck/call both streets (depending on the river of course and if you expect him to barrel again or not - which you do).