[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - A6s vs fishy guy

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

Stats:
      40/something low/small sample with 1/1 foldtocbet.

Preflop:
      Could call yeah.. I prefer isoraise when fishes have a high foldtocbet tho :P

Turn:
      Continue bluffing? Perfect card I guess? He could still float flop IP

River:
      I have to bluff I guess?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2039122
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $127.21
      Hero (SB): $51.00
      BB: $25.71
      UTG: $50.75
      CO: $112.32

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 6 :heart: A :heart:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $2

Flop: ($5.50) 3 :club: T :diamond: 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

Turn: ($11.50) K :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

River: ($23.50) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, BTN folds
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop iso is definitely fine.

Postflop is very dependant on what you expect him to fold and how your overall range looks here. You probably have quite a few nutflushes and some Q high flush as well? But not much else you'd bet for value on the river, probably not Q high flush either.

Do you expect him to fold any non flush? Do you expect some small flushes to fold as well? The board runout is pretty decent to bluff but a lot of players get called by something like 88 with a club and think OMFG, fish calls me with such a low flush and forget to actually look objectively at both your ranges.

Your sizing seems to be targeted specifically at non-club hands, mostly weak pairs and maybe floats that can bluff you if you check. Is that what your intention was?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      That was my intention yes :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      That was my intention yes :)
      The more confident you are that he would raise a set before the river, the more his range becomes medium pair with or without club.

It's a bit close though because you bet turn expecting medium non-club hands to already fold there.

Can't really give a definitive answer. You need him to fold <1/3 of the time but 1/2 of the midpairs have a club. Probably not good if you think he folds or non-club midpairs on turn because then he is left with club midpairs and some other Tx, A5, A4, A3, A2 type hands or so? Do you think he could have KTo on turn and fold river? It's very close imo but when it's close, aggression is usually better, just don't expect to make much money on the play. I think it's close to 0EV.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Allright! Also felt like it was rly close. It's always good to have an agressive gameplan I guess.

Well I'm not sure he'd fold KT but I think most people are honest on such 4 flush-boards, even fish
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      True.. maybe you also make him fold like A4 with 4 of clubs sometimes or A5 with 5 of clubs sometimes.