[NL2-NL10] 9T NL50 - how to play on the flop??

• lukasz728
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 9:diamond:
      UTG+2 raises to $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00, 3 folds, BU calls $1.00, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 8:heart: , T:heart: , 7:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets $2.50, BU raises to $15.00, 3 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $9.25
  • 3 replies
    • brian997
      Good fold IMO, BU was probably holding an overpair (maybe JJ, with extra outs for the gut shot straight)
    • dallievas
      Hi lukasz728,
      You know it`s hard to solve this hand without stats on opps-UTG+2 and BU. :)
      Preflop : you can call offsuited connectors with pot odds 7.5:1 ( need 5,5:1)-ok
      Flop:You can OESD+top pair (13 outs),it`s a strong draw for me.Of course you can be very meticulous and discount some of them.I don`t think you are against overpair (better option) because overpair would reraise that preflop utg minraise. You can be against set,or OESD,2 pairs,rarely top pair good kicker(AT,KT) and think BU is not on FD because he is reraising (protects his hand).
      I think you can lead here and bet flop,call (push) to reraise.Against BU (25% calling range) you are favorite -69% vs 30% ,should be EV+.
      If you against opps who can fold (have FE) play it aggressively,of you don`t have much FE can discount outs and play passively.And aggressive play would let to stay HU with BU who will pay you off if you hit.
      Go on SSS Leo`s coaching and get his SSS chart-many info how to play draw.
      Good luck :)
      P.S.Looking forward to xylere reply :) Push or fold,that is the question.(Push 80% ,fold 20% ) :D .SSS player you can vote too!
    • xylere
      BU was probably holding an overpair (maybe JJ, with extra outs for the gut shot straight)

how do you know it?)) you have to start thinking in ranges.. in fact, overpair is the last guess, since, as dallievas has pointed out, its often reraised preflop.

fold pf... what are you willing to catch?) This combo is great, but how often it happens.. and with normal oesd semi-bluff in 4way wouldnt be extermly profitable

flop - since pot is quite big i would c/rai