SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 5:diamond: A:spade:

fold, CO calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05, 2 players) 2:spade: 4:spade: A:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.13, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero bets $0.10, CO raises to $2.44, Hero calls $1.84

River: ($4.01, 2 players) 4:diamond:

Hero mucks 5:diamond: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Fives) (Pre 56%, Flop 68%, Turn 23%)
      CO shows 9:spade: 6:spade: (Flush, Nine High) (Pre 44%, Flop 32%, Turn 77%)
      CO wins $3.75

Villain is a fish, playing 38/0 over the first few hands I played with him (about 10 or so).

I didn't think there was much value in isolating pre flop against a fish. I would just be OOP with a mediocre hand. So I checked.

On the flop I had a pretty standard bet, trying to get value from draws and pocket pairs.

Villain's move on the turn was pretty ugly. I think my decision here largely depends on whether or not this guy will make this kind of play with an Ace as well, or only with completed flushes/straights. Due to the fishyness of the guy and the bluffy-looking shove, I decided to call.

Against a relatively unknown player (who we still know is a fish), can we make this call? Because it largely depends. If he only shoves two pair or better, we have a snap fold. But if he also has Ax in his range here and maybe some random flush draw like KQ with the King of spades, it's much closer, because we will have around 52% equity while we need around 46%.

So considering we don't really know the villain here, just fold?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tino,

Preflop: looks fine. Can't really iso this OOp.

Flop: Looks good.

Turn: I'd actually bet/fold or ck/call the turn.

Look at it this way:

Best case scenario: we are barely ahead
      Worse case scenario: we are way behind.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      What you say makes sense. But then what would be the point of a check/call? I guess that would allow him to bluff, but we would still likely have to fold to another river bet anyway.

Maybe I'm looking at this from completely the wrong perspective :p
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      What you say makes sense. But then what would be the point of a check/call? I guess that would allow him to bluff, but we would still likely have to fold to another river bet anyway.

Maybe I'm looking at this from completely the wrong perspective :p
      Ck/calling would be based on his bet. We do have the NFD after all so we have some equity and maybe implied odds.