Double blog, on our way to totally owning anyone

• awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze

The new beginning

Hi boys and girls,

Some of you (even if not too many) already know me from my current blog which happened to get really lame and I feel bored updating it. This is why I decided to start a new one with a friend of mine who just began to learn NLHE under my guidance and with the help of the good people at Pokestrategy. What we will try to do would be to follow this simple formula: Learn > Play > Improve > Own > $ :s_cool: It would be a nice alteration of our current plan: Play > Bluff > Call down A high > get Owned > Lose $ > Post poker is rigged thread :f_cool:

For the last 3 years I turned PS's free 50$ into decent bankroll to play small stakes and think about shooting midstackes. I'm currently playing SH NL100 and consider myself some kind of semi-pro player which impreses the shit out of people, let me tell you :f_biggrin: At the same time I'm still a big fish and have a lot more to learn about the beautiful game of poker.

I'm strong believer in the relation between poker and life and I think this game can help anyone to learn a lot about himself and develop his/her personality.

Beside poker I'm a PhD student, got a seminar to teach this semester at Uni and I'm also involved in some other things as well so life is good and fulfilling ATM.

The friend I'm coaching is someone I grew up with in Sofia and now he lives in Vienna. At some point he will have to get his lazy ass here and introduce himself. He is starting with NL2 and over the last few weeks we managed to close his VPIP/PFR gap to a degree when I no longer have this strong desire to stretch my arm through his monitor and punch him in the face :s_evil: Hopefully he will continue to improve and crush the fishies :s_cool:

So what you can expect from this blog?

- nice mixture of NL2 and NL100 hands for discussion that would confuse the hell out of you
      - me trashing his dumb plays and making him post embarasing hands for your amusement :f_love:
      - me bitching about not crushing higher stakes :f_confused:
      - he trying to argue with me
      - my overall wisdom and wiseass comments about stuff
      - report on winning WSOP Main Event in few years

and many, many more.

So if you haven't hit the "subscribe to..." thingy go right ahead and do it because it's gonna get ugly in here :s_evil:

LET'S GO
  • 117 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      1st
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      In b4 student reaches midstakes before coach. :coolface:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      in b4 4th
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      1) Vienna > all

2) GL & HF !
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      following
    • crashyy
      crashyy
      Bronze
      innnnn. Best of luck
    • awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze
      Thanks guys. Enjoy! Some scary stuff is going your way! Stay tuned!
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      FIRST!!!!

Edit: Oh wait....
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      GL to both of you!

*subscribed*
    • Liub4in
      Liub4in
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      it's me the new apprentice here! I live in Vienna and I'm studying German at the moment. I recently started to play poker NLHE 2 FR and I set myself some goals. Along with improving mind qualities that one need to play poker and increasing my bank roll, most of all I wanna put my life in order, 'cuz it has been a disaster till now. I somehow manage to protect myself from any improvement and kept delaying things. But no more!
      After throwing a couple of thousand hands I realized that i have some really bad habits, but with the awesome assistance of my friend Awesomeo i hope that i can quit them.
      Habit one: entering calling mode:
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $4.86 (243 bb)
      BB: $0.88 (44 bb)
      UTG+2: $1 (50 bb)
      MP1: $3.28 (164 bb)
      MP2: $4.99 (249.5 bb)
      MP3: $5.35 (267.5 bb)
      CO: $2.32 (116 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T A
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, BTN raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.26, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.24, BTN calls $0.18

PFR didn't work, ah what the heck I'll scare the shit out of them on the Flop!

Flop: ($0.80) 4 9 Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, MP1 calls $0.36, BTN calls $0.36

Cbet against 2 players didnt work, oh what a surprise!

Turn: ($1.88) 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.66, BTN calls $0.66, Hero calls $0.66

and there it goes.. "u raise me? I'll show you! I have nothing and I'm not afraid to call any raise with it"

River: ($3.86) 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, BTN bets $0.72 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.72, MP1 calls $0.72
      in my head right now: "CALL CALL CALL CALL so much money you can do it!"
      Results:
      $6.02 pot ($0.21 rake)
      Final Board: 4 9 Q 7 6
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$2 net)
      MP1 mucked Q 2 and lost (-$2 net)
      BTN showed Q Q and won $5.81 ($3.81 net)

Ah they actually had some pretty decent hands, oh well why the hell not give out one buy in with A high :D I'm pretty ashamed right now.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      welcome Liub4in!!!

I have nothing and I'm not afraid to call any raise with it"

:D

looking forward to seeing these updates. gl and im sure you'll improve very quickly :)
    • awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze

So here you can see what I have to work with :facepalm: Should have never showed him how to 3bet bluff PF. Solid thought process postflop aswell. Bluff calling river multiway is simply the nuts. Well played, sir :f_biggrin:
    • Liub4in
      Liub4in
      Bronze
      I still don't believe that was a mistake so I had to show how scary i can be:
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

MP2: $1.46 (73 bb)
      MP3: $8.56 (428 bb)
      CO: $2.02 (101 bb)
      BTN: $1.96 (98 bb)
      SB: $4.18 (209 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.07 (103.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $0.86 (43 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.25 (112.5 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J A
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06

In the mean while in my head: I know it all so i don't need to use the starting hand chart... I know how to play every had :D :D

Flop: ($0.17) 7 K 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

flops comes and i didn't hit anything ... Uh um .. I have no clue what to do... so I'll just check still have some chances after all.

Turn: ($0.49) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

still nothing ... damn it, but i know hes been Bluffing me i gotta see that last card...

River: ($1.23) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, MP3 raises to $1.56, Hero calls $0.68

Yeah i totally didn't hit anything so now is the time to represent the big nothing i have. Bang! Big bet you didn't expect that didn't you? What u raising me, what the hell I'm representing the straight on the board. Too bad i don't have some more money to show him how scary i can be :D

Results:
      $4.15 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 7 K 2 8 9
      MP3 showed 8 8 and won $4.00 ($1.93 net)
      Hero showed J A and lost (-$2.07 net)
    • awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze
      Another good play :facepalm:

We just finished 2 simultaneous sessions where both of us were playing and distracting each other. Ended up pretty bad for both but was funny to hear him whining about not hitting sets :D

Also he did something he haven't done so far and he did it twice. It was something like 3bet/call KQ for 100 bb. Will go through the hands soon for details but this is a bit worrying because he knows how terrible this is equity and range wise. He said it was like someone else was doing it.

I dropped 4 BIs myself, was autopiloting a lot I think. Will post some hands soon.
    • awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze
      Btw I expect from Liub4in to show the world the 2 KQ hands. Come on, don't be shy, post these bad boys :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by awesomeo
      Btw I expect from Liub4in to show the world the 2 KQ hands. Come on, don't be shy, post these bad boys :D
      KQ high calls and one was good?! :f_love:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      This thread seems to be a comedy :D . awesomeo, do you play like that as well :f_biggrin: ?
    • Liub4in
      Liub4in
      Bronze
      I will start putting some nice played hands soon but for now I want to stop making the huge mistakes :/ sometimes for some reason my mind switch off and I do thing i can't explain myself afterwards. Therefore I hope that if people make fun of me for doing so it will stay in my head and i will stop going into "calling mode" and "bluff mode" (keep bluffing no matter how many players call).

What really bothers me is the fact that I can't get profit out of a guy going all in every hand on the table, instead I do get STUPID and do such things:

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

MP: $1.02 (51 bb)
      Hero (CO): $4.11 (205.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.45 (122.5 bb)
      SB: $3.86 (193 bb)
      BB: $1.81 (90.5 bb)
      UTG: $3.85 (192.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN raises to $2.45 and is all-in, SB calls $2.44, BB folds, Hero calls $2.37

Flop: ($7.37) T 8 2 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      SB bets $1.41, Hero calls $1.41

Turn: ($10.19) 3 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($10.19) 7 (3 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $10.19 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: T 8 2 3 7
      Hero showed Q K and lost (-$3.86 net)
      BTN showed 6 6 and won $7.11 ($4.66 net)
      SB showed A J and won $2.78 (-$1.08 net)

Going to do a couple of hours play now and I've put down couple of things in front of me. Will see if i can manage to keep them.
    • awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze
      You can post these "retrictions" or session goals here. You might get some decent advice because stuff like never bluffing or not calling with AT is not the optimal play you should try to do.

Also it is a good idea to evaluate if you managed to stick to your plan so you better have it written down somewhere public where you can be held accountable for it.

@EmanuelC16 - he was actually kind of close :) None of them had monster

@Schnitzelfisch - I did my fair share of button clicking for no reason :f_frown: now I mostly avoid it :D

I haven't played myself in the last 2 days, had some parties and stuff, was barely at home. I missed the Christmas Party at Uni because I had paralel event and I regreted it ever since because I was told it was very action packed with drunked fights :D Also I got a report that some of my students that missed my seminar in the morning got blind drunk and were roling on the flor in front of the toilet, making out. It must have been a hilarious sight, I teach these kids well, it looks like :D

On a side note I've decided to leave Unibet from the start of 2013. Even though I like it a lot, especially the software I no longer want to play anon tables because I feel like stabing in the dark all the time and when i see showdown vs retarded play I can make no use of it. Also can't use my HUD to its full potential this way. Trafic at reg tables is not good enough for the volume I'm aiming at, so I will have to move.

For sometimes I'm missing Pokerstars but I'm not sure if moving there would be the smartest thing. The highest I played there was NL50 RF, 24 tables and they pwned me pretty bad back then. The other day I scouted some NL100 SH tables and saw some limping and weird stacks which is what I'm looking for anyway. Zoom seems like fine option too but I only played NL2 for lolz :D

Never played at Ongame before so the way I see it it's either PS or Ongame. Any suggestions here will be very much apreciated.

Now I'm back to the tables, should compensate for slacking off last 2 days :f_cool: