This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

playing live

• Rocco12
      Rocco12
      Bronze
      Hi all

im really finding it hard to make a dent in my game when i play full ring . can any one give me advice on what should be me opening range on full ring. on line i do fine but live i just freeze wait for premium hands and just fade away .. any one have a stratergy i can try

Please help
  • 2 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      I had the same issue when i started live
      People just dont like to fold anything preflop

Heres my few tips

1- Preflop raise should be much higher as compared to live
      2- Dont bluff/semibluff in multiway pots
      3- Top pair should more often than not be good enough if not too much action
      4- Do not every 3 barrel AK as you may do online
      5- Dont c-bet into a maniac when you are not sure what u are going to do if he reraises you

I know its a bit nitty but until you get a hold of live games play safe and tight
      Once youre experienced you will be able to exploit people and then you can increase your agression
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Rocco!

I just moved your thread.

We have a starting hand chart in our articles. I'm not sure how these work in a livegame, but I guess it's still the same game. You can find the articles in this article. These charts might be a bit tight in todays game, but on the other hand ppl often play too loose in the live games.

I never played online so can't give you any tips from my own experience.

Regards

RasTweet