Supernova 2013 and beyond: HU hypers

• Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Hi all! I'm 21 year-old guy from Finland. I have been playing poker about 3 years now but professionally only around 1 year.

Decided to start blog about my poker life but might add some things about my personal life as well such as travelling, daily life etc

Currently playing hyper turbo heads up sit n go's on pokerstars and it's always been my main game. Currently staked to play low stakes heads up but with hard work I will climb up to highest stakes as soon as possible.

I will be only playing on stars next year so I will be aiming get supernova status which haven't managed to got so far and if will be able to move up stakes soon might try to go for supernova elite you never know.

My staker got me coach last week and we have been going through my game a lot and sessions with coach have been huge help for my game.

Ordered this book yesterday : Peak Performance Poker: Revolutionizing the Way You View the Game. Not sure if it's a good read but it should help me a bit in physical and mental part of poker. Anyone read it?

Here's graph of 15 dollar hypers on stars:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2335/hypersl.png
  • 23 replies
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Games from last 7 days on 15d hypers :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9686/graphbl.jpg

About 40bin profit although start of the week was pretty swingy. I like to say that hypers and swings are best friends.

I have to say that game got much better after having session with my coach. He had so many good points and we found couple small but common leaks which I fixed.

I am planning to get at least 4000 games on december, let's see how holidays take away my playing time. Usually would get easily over 4000 games per month but december been so busy for me so haven't got lot of grinding to do and also been studying game a lot during this month.

btw how can I get images to show on this post and not only to show links?
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Nice 12,5k graph there :)

Good luck with supernova, shouldnt be too hard to get it playing your stakes and considering you will be moving up soon. But i dont think u will be able to get elite by playing HU hypers.

Will be following your blog ;)
    • crashyy
      crashyy
      Bronze
      Ive always been tempted to have a crack at the hypers. I just always passed due to the variance and being a wimp :P . Got to say nice work tho man keep it up and all the best for 2013

Images - There is a small icon when composing a message, 7th icon along under the font/size settings. Just click that and paste in the URL of the image. It should then load in the thread automatically
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Thanks guys! Supernova will be easy to achieve during next year but supernova elite will be difficult task to get. Mainly focusing on moving up the limits and studying game a lot so that there will chance to hit supernova elite one day.

I did some calculations and you have to be basicly playing +100d husng's to be able to get supernova elite at least if u not grinding 24/7.

I would like to play some live events next year as well so hoping to satellite to couple bigger live events. That would be pretty cool since only played couple smaller buy in live events in the past.

What comes to hypers there will be lot of swings like I said hypers and swings are the best friends but with good bankroll management you will be able to beat them pretty good. Have to start posting interesting hands when they come up.

Thanks for the instructions also. I'll try it when will be posting next graph.
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Since I just started this blog and new year 2013 is around the corner I will set up few goals for the year 2013:

1. Play at least 50 000 games

2. Play couple live events

3. Move up to medium stakes

I will update the list when I find new goals I wanna achieve but here are the most important poker related ones for the next year.

Oh yeah forgot to tell in opening post that my fiance is currently pregnant and due date is February 13th so I have to see how addition of family member affects to my grinding volume. I'm so excited and looking forward my baby to be born in less than two months.

Main rule is though that I try to grind / study at least 5 hours a day.

Last month I visited Malta and I have to say it's beautiful and awesome country. I played little bit of cash there but I think sessions were about break even. I concentrated mostly on relaxing and having fun.

Nothing special on games today. I have been 4 tabling hypers on stars and got around 150 games played today although been pretty tired all day.

I was gonna add couple photos I have taken there but I just can't get images to work on my posts. It says that images not allowed. Does anyone know how to get them enabled?
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      While your status is still basic member, you won't be able to post images directly I believe.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      While your status is still basic member, you won't be able to post images directly I believe.
      Correct! Basic members can't post graphs. You can check out this or this to get a bump in the ranks :)
    • Flushmaker89
      Flushmaker89
      Bronze
      GL with your blog. Sounds very interesting. I will be following your blog.

Congratulations to your fiancé and the baby.
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Originally posted by Flushmaker89
      GL with your blog. Sounds very interesting. I will be following your blog.

Congratulations to your fiancé and the baby.
      Thank you!

I will be trying to get my status changed to higher ranking as soon as possible so will be able to post images as well.

I had session with my coach today. It was really interesting, we went through hand histories I sent to him and focused mainly to play with shallow stack since my common leaks are in that area. Session was really helpful and hoping to get back to games soon to try to adapt things I learned into my game.

Good news also since talked to my staker yesterday and he said I will be able to move up to 30s after couple session which should be next week.

I have been grinding a lot in these couple weeks since I started my current stake couple weeks ago and I have around 2k games so far and planning to get 4k games this month. I will be continuing with high volume next year to achieve supernova as soon as possible.

I won't be posting graph now but will be adding one at the end of this month.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Game music:

• SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Nice Blog
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Originally posted by SherlockHolmes2ez
      Nice Blog
      Thanks!

So today was last session at 15s before moving to 30s and I will be posting graph from this month games. Got like 2,3k games so far and will be continuing at 30s from now on. Hoping it all goes well when moving to 30s!

15s graph: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4763/15sgraphw.jpg

Miniftops XXI will be starting on january 6th so will be making deposit there and playing at least all hold'em and heads up events.
    • Flushmaker89
      Flushmaker89
      Bronze
      Nice Graph. Go destroy the 30s :D
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Couple days of playing 30s behind now and change to 30s been pretty successful so far. I will be posting graph when reaching 1k games at 30s.

Recording video about my play probably this week and adding comments as well so that my coach will be able to review it as soon as he gets back home. I have been trying to have as many coaching sessions since found awesome coach beginning of this month.

Found many hyperturbo husng blogs here at pokerstrategy and since there is lot of hyper husng players would like to ask if you could recommend some good video especially for endgame or videos that been really helpful for you?

4 days left and still missing like 2,5k points to become platinum star so need to collect them before year ends.
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Been running pretty bad last couple days. It's been basicly this for last few days:

Dealt to Hero [Ah As]

Player 2: raises 20 to 40

Hero: raises 50 to 90

Player 2: raises 500 to 590 and is all-in

Hero: calls 320 and is all-in

Uncalled bet (180) returned to Player 2

*** FLOP *** [2c 4d 2d]

*** TURN *** [2c 4d 2d] [9s]

*** RIVER *** [2c 4d 2d 9s] [9d]

Hero: shows [Ah As] (two pair, Aces and Nines)

Player 2: shows [Ac 2s] (a full house, Deuces full of Nines)

Nothing you can do there, just continue playing your A-game.

Started new project since it's last day of the year. I made 100d deposit to fulltilt and will be playing hyperturbo husng's there and occasionally mtt's as well. My plan is to build up this 100 d bankroll with good bankroll management to 10k and more.

I will be doing this project along side with my stake on pokerstars so I might not get so much games on fulltilt but will be playing there whenever is possible.
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Just wanted to make post since been running badly since moved to 30s. Been mixing 30s and 15s for now and hoping my luck turns around eventually.

Here's graph of all of my games since started games:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/yee2.jpg/

and here is graph of year 2013 games :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/yeeqd.jpg/
    • bigfl0p
      bigfl0p
      Bronze
      hey man,
      ive been playing the hypers on stars too
      sick downswing at the end
    • szoketomi
      szoketomi
      Bronze
      Seems to be a good blog, this basic guy is not basic, gl! :f_cool:
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      Originally posted by bigfl0p
      hey man,
      ive been playing the hypers on stars too
      sick downswing at the end
      Yeah pretty sick but fortunately luck starting to change to better now. What stakes you playing atm if I may ask?

Originally posted by szoketomi
      Seems to be a good blog, this basic guy is not basic, gl! :f_cool:
      Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

Just got my video review back from my coach and gonna check it out later today. I did take a quick look at the video and looks pretty good. We agreed to have session this week to speak more about the video and some spots he found interesting.

This month trying to reach at least 10k vpp's so it would take maximum of 10 months to reach supernova with this speed.

Nothing special on fulltilt project. I have managed to build up original deposit to 300d so far. Haven't played any miniftops events yet but probably will be playing first event on january 12th when there is 50d heads-up event.

I received the book called Peak Performance Poker: Revolutionizing the Way You View the Game which I told you about in my first post and it's been really good read so far. I have read about half of it now and it has changed way I see things outside poker tables and at poker tables as well. I recommend to read it if you haven't all ready. Of course it isn't for anyone but I have really liked it so far.

Information about the book: http://www.thehendonmob.com/matthew_hilger/peak_performance_poker
    • Eqliz3ri
      Eqliz3ri
      Basic
      I decided to make post about goals which I wanna achieve this year (poker related ones) and add couple new ones to the list. I also want to go deeper into lifestyle changes I wanna make this year.

I would like to improve my lifestyle a lot since been living pretty unhealthy life so far. I wanna focus more on my health and I hope it will help with poker as well.

How can we play good poker when we not focusing on ourselves first?
      By this I basically mean things which affect to our body and brains such as sleeping well, exercising, eating healthy etc. If we are not taking care of these things we are not functioning in a way we want. We feel tired, hungry etc. which may lead to tilt and stress and it also affects to our memory, mood, thinking abilities etc. which means we will probably lose money.

I have not focused on my health enough which have affected to my game for sure: I have not been exercising enough, I have been eating pretty unhealthy and not sleeping well (bad daily rhythm and tiredness).

These things and unhealthy lifestyle can easily affect to your game and it will affect to your game. This means you tilt more easily and you play too long sessions where you probably lose money. I have also noticed that I will spend too much time on computer doing some unimportant stuff like surfing on internet etc which reduces my playing time and also time which I could spend with my fiance and friends.

I think most important thing to become better poker player is LIFE BALANCE. You wanna balance your life so that when you are grinding you put your whole focus in poker and when you have finished session for the day you just close computer and do regular things. Don't think poker or anything related to poker. Just hangout with your friends or watch movies etc.

You wanna balance your life by keeping game schedule for poker (treat it like it's your job), you wanna exercise at least 4 times a week and eat healthy foods. When you add good night sleep and non-poker related activities to this combination you will get success in poker for sure.

I'm sure my game will get so much better when I will fix my lifestyle. I'm gonna make list of things (goals) which I am going to do this year to achieve better lifestyle.

Let's add poker related goals for this year:

1. Supernova status

2. At least 50k games

3. Move up to 60s or higher

4. At least 10k vpp's in a month

5. Study game after every session

And then life related goals:

1. Exercise at least 4 times a week.

2. Start healthy diet (eat smaller and more frequent meals and pay attention on what you are eating)

3. More efficient time management = Sleep well and make schedule for poker (treat it like it's your job)

4. Stop doing unimportant stuff on computer (when you start your session put your whole focus into it and when you quit close the computer)