RIVER ($3.86) K:heart: Q:club: 4:heart: 9:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero checks, bets $2, Hero folds

wins $3.61

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

This is HU so the isolation with our weak hand is a bit loose.

As played I'd have to bet/fold the turn. Would you play AQ the same? bet/call?

What range do you expect villain to raise with.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I don't know much about hu, i isolated because he was eager to folding flops he missed plus he limp folded about 30% of the time. Btw i was not headsupping with him, just everyone left the game and this plus next sb was the last hand before i sat out.

I would have folded turn in 6max without a flinch but tp probably has more value in hu, and frankly i don't know how to adjust my game for hu, beyond be looser and cards have more value. It's a bad idea as far as i know because of rake anyway plus bluffs don't work at all.

Aq would have been a fold
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I don't know much about hu, i isolated because he was eager to folding flops he missed plus he limp folded about 30% of the time. Btw i was not headsupping with him, just everyone left the game and this plus next sb was the last hand before i sat out.

I would have folded turn in 6max without a flinch but tp probably has more value in hu, and frankly i don't know how to adjust my game for hu, beyond be looser and cards have more value. It's a bad idea as far as i know because of rake anyway plus bluffs don't work at all.

Aq would have been a fold
      What difference is there between AQ and K2? K2 beats nothing extra that AQ doesn't.

Villains like him will most likely not adjust for the game being HU so I'd still bet/fold.

If this was a game where we start HU then it may be that he is looser but in this case it's the opposite (we start 6 max and go to HU) so he can still be in SH mode.