Hero shows T:heart: 9:heart:
      (Pre 32%, Flop 54.5%, Turn 34.1%)

SB wins $2.33

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: given the pot odds SB gives us we can call.

Postflop: We have a big draw but only T high so I don't mind calling however considering his small 3-bet followed by a small cbet I would imagine that his range is polarized and we may have some FE on the flop so I wouldn't mind if we raised to something like $1 or so.

That would leave us behind something like $3.7 and if we get shoved on we get 37% pot odds. Our hand, if all outs are live (which is not always the case), has 12 outs so it would be close to a call. Without the gutshot it's closer to a fold.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I would more inclined to take that line if we have Ax fd plus more built up 3bet pot, plus he is unknown.

If he has nothing he will stop betting and we can take it away later ip but if he is going broke we just commit ourselves against a better hand.

Definitely worth considering but don't think so that it's better here, btw betting river against his 8x and kind bluffcatchers is good or just don't bother, it is probably very thin.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I would more inclined to take that line if we have Ax fd plus more built up 3bet pot, plus he is unknown.

If he has nothing he will stop betting and we can take it away later ip but if he is going broke we just commit ourselves against a better hand.

Definitely worth considering but don't think so that it's better here, btw betting river against his 8x and kind bluffcatchers is good or just don't bother, it is probably very thin.
      The river is thin but you may get called by A high too.

By raising him on the flop you can still make him fold better. Don't forget that if he folds K high or A high we folded a better hand (not to mention small pairs)