Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: 7:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 9:club: 4:heart: K:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 4.6 BB, BB calls 4.6 BB

Turn: (15.7 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 11.2 BB, BB calls 11.2 BB

River: (38.1 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      BB bets 36.2 BB, Hero calls 36.2 BB

BB shows T:heart: Q:club: (Straight, King High) (Pre 62%, Flop 88%, Turn 20%)
      Hero mucks J:spade: 7:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sevens) (Pre 38%, Flop 12%, Turn 80%)
      BB wins 105 BB

Kind of loose open raise, I did it because they fold a lot of hands preflop, and if they call, it is playable sometimes.

Is it ok barrel turn, because I hit 7, and can check behind river to beat missed draws? And maybe 9x fold.
      River was very strange, It could be set, but so wierd play. Only makes sense missed flush draw bluff, or straigth. But who is calling with gutshot big bet 2 barrels.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: looks fine.

Flop: Do we have any info on villain? After the hand he shows up with we can label him fishy.

As played the double barrel is a bit thin because any pair that he calls with is still ahead and rarely folding turn. We get some value from FDs but that's about it (because we can't assume gutshots are in his range).

So we can also check back the turn and call river to let him bluff a missed draw.

As played, the one hand that makes a lot of sense in his range is JJ and possibly KJ/QThh/T8hh. Some missed draws could bet like this and since his value range seems small (when counting combos) I'd have a hard time folding too.

If we actually info on the opponent (even stats) it would help.