Hero (BTN): 488 BB
      SB: 118.6 BB
      BB: 168.4 BB
      UTG: 41.1 BB
      MP: 98.5 BB
      CO: 101.1 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: T:spade:

UTG raises to 2 BB, MP calls 2 BB, fold, Hero calls 2 BB, fold, BB raises to 9 BB, fold, MP calls 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (29.5 BB, 3 players) K:heart: 4:spade: 9:spade:
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 15 BB, BB calls 15 BB, fold

Turn: (59.5 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 30 BB, BB calls 30 BB

River: (119.5 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows 6:diamond: 6:spade: (One Pair, Sixes) (Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows T:diamond: T:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins 113.6 BB

I didnt want to sqeeze, because UTG can go often all in. And if they call, mostly it is hard to play TT.

BB 3bets 11%, 137 hands. Is call ok, or even 4 bet, but then my hand doesnt look strong because i called first.

It is strange that BB doesnt cbet K high board, so I thought either he wants to give up, or slowplays, or has JJ, QQ.
      Then he just calls, I think KK, AK would raise me to protect. Now with turn card, I think AK is less likely that he has, so I bet one more time to fold his JJ, QQ, and maybe I hit on river flush.
      Is it give up turn? Then I basically gave up river, and suprisingly won :)
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: looks fine.

Flop: Is UTG a fish? MP seems one (not a full stack) and considering we are facing a min raise + call I'd actually like a 3-bet here to at least isolate MP. And if UTG shoves often that means that TT is in decent shape versus his range (calculate the equity of TT vs UTGs range).

As played I don't mind the flop bet but it is a bit light because not much worse can call us (of course BB proved us wrong) or better fold.

Since the A is of the FD villain rarely has the FD and I don't mind betting to get him to fold QQ/JJ (assuming villain is not a fish as it proves to be the case by the end). Don't forget that since MP is acting behind BB, he can still have some slowplays (that called to keep Mp in).