Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 3:spade: 2:spade: 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets 4.2 BB, Hero calls 4.2 BB

Turn: (14.4 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets 6.8 BB, Hero raises to 20 BB, fold

Hero wins 26.6 BB

I want to practice my bluff raises, to balance bluff with made hands and get called more often.
      Usually on this board I would bet because we both hit nothing, and if scare cards come I can barrel 2 more times.
      This time I wanted to check call, which looks I have something, and planned to check raise turn if scare card comes.
      Is it ok board to check raise bluff?

Do you know some good article or forum thread where I could read which boards are suitable for bluff raise?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: looks fine.

"I want to practice my bluff raises, to balance bluff with made hands and get called more often."

This implies that your opponents actually pay attention to your plays and can adjust. This is 100% wrong for 10nl (or let's say 99%). You should concentrate on learning to valuebet as much as possible, play IP with equity and attack pots that people don't want rather than try to bluff with little equity in higher variance spots.

For example here, do you see ANY hands that he would bet/fold that would not fold directly to a second barrel? Or do we expect villain to actually bet a ton of hands and thus give us some extra money?

Also, as mentioned before why are there no stats or reads on any of these opponents?