First week sin NL10, Stats and Graphic, NONSHODOWN Going down, I owe to EV, I losse IN BLINDS

• lovesniper
      lovesniper
      Bronze
      Hi, i bring to you the graphic of my first week in NL10, and the truth is the results are very so-so.

Yeah, im having winnings but the NONSHODOWN are going down, and the EV is not my friend :rolleyes:

My NL10 stats:

(Wow, i losse so much in blinds)

What i can doing wrong?
      Why the EV line dont go with my WINNING line?, i think i have the equity by my side when i win most of the pots in this sample..
      It´s a 10bb/100 hands a good winrate for this level?

This is my NL5 graphic, i got over it in less than a week:
      Its nl10 similar to NL5?,

Hope you can help me with a hint (And sorry for my english, i will post in the english community to improve it ;) )

:fdrink
  • 9 replies
    • nokifpp
      nokifpp
      Bronze
      It is normal to lose money in the blinds, however try to play less from the blinds. It is normal for the non-showdown to go down, however it depends on a playing style, nothing wrong if it goes down.

As far as the EV goes, your Net won and EV will come together at some point, it always does.
    • lovesniper
      lovesniper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nokifpp
      It is normal to lose money in the blinds, however try to play less from the blinds. It is normal for the non-showdown to go down, however it depends on a playing style, nothing wrong if it goes down.

As far as the EV goes, your Net won and EV will come together at some point, it always does.
      Hi!, thanks for answering,

You told me i should play less on the blinds? I think the blind war is an important concept in 6max so..

I have a HUD, and depending on the OR from BU/SB and the 3BET vs RESTEAL i play in different manners

:f_biggrin:
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I really don't like your 3b %. In CO and BU you're 3b only for value but in SB and BB you're way out of line with your 3b range. Having in mind your cbet % is huge :f_eek: (your cbet success is surprisingly high when having in mind you cbet 9 out of 10 hands) you're probably continuing on too many flops with dominated hands. You might be 3b with hands that play better in small pots - hands like QT, KT, QJ, QT, AT, A9, KQ, JT, T9s, 98s. I guess you're only 3b or folding from blinds...defend more but do it in different ways - cold call+donk flop/ cold call+c/r good flops/ cold call+ c/c flop+donk good turns...

I think also that you're not floating enough. NL10 players cbet but when miss their hand they just c turn OOP and you can take it with bet.

Your squeeze % is quite high (for my standards) which is not bad since on this limit you rarely face resistance but don't do it too much because even NL10 players can adjust.

I think there are some differences between NL5 and NL10:

- people tend to squeeze more so don't blindly cold call raises but always look at the players you have behind
      - people peel many flops so cbeting blindly will cost you money
      - raise 2 - 2,5bb from bu since you will face 3b more often than on NL5
      - people play better (a shocker right? :f_rolleyes: ) so you should think more about your play and not only click the buttons (you may lay down AA if QJ4Tss board comes and you face c/r when you're being the aggressor for example)

similarities between NL5 and NL10:

- when you hit good you have to valuebet valuebet valuebet
      - people cbet too much so when putting them on the range you can abuse them with floating/raising them quite a bit

Don't think too much about your stats think more about your play. It's fine to check your stats from time to time to see where are your leaks but thinking too much about it is not good.

Good luck and keep making progress :f_thumbsup:
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lovesniper
      Why the EV line dont go with my WINNING line?, i think i have the equity by my side when i win most of the pots in this sample..
      Your EV line is good indicator that variance is on your side. Just imagine it opposite (flip green line over EV line) and you'd be loosing 20€ on this sample.

Some leaks I see are:
      - too tight PFR/VPIP ratio (around 85% is OK)
      - your aggression street by street drops significantly! - easy to exploit
      - little to high 4bet range for NL10 (but OK if you adapt to some semi-regs who learn to 3bet from blinds)
      - WTSD is quite on higher side with your LAG range (weak showdown value)

Br
    • lovesniper
      lovesniper
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for your answers!

So im thinking in my blinds war issue, now im calling more with broadways and suited connectors to people that fold less to resteal, and 3betting this kind of hands to people that have a high fold to resteal,

But i don´t know what to do with weak aces (A2 to A8), i usually 3bet them, that´s right?

Ty!
    • SteffenBAOPP
      SteffenBAOPP
      Basic
      3Betting weak aces is fine as long your opponent is folding a decent amount to 3bets, so like 60%+.
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      edit: ups sss/mss
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Against players that call too much vs 3bets, which is quite a lot of NL10 players, you can 3bet a wider value range in CO & BU. things like KQo QJs AJ+ etc because they like to call suited connectors, set mine or just weak suited broadways which you dominate.

Against players who fold too much to 3bets you can call these hands more IP depending on the blinds. This will lower your vpip/pfr ratio a bit.

What is your FT3bet? Your call vs 3bet seems low, but if you're not being exploited by regs it might be fine.

Also you seem to open super wide from SB, might not be a problem, but something to keep an eye on if people call IP a lot or start 3betting you.

RE: your red line. I think its fine since most of your winnings will come from valuebetting made hands vs people that call to much, not so much bluffing regs off hands at NL10.
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      how can EV not be four friend when u are clearly running hot?