[NL2-NL10] AK overcards and shortie's small raise-shove

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $1.30 (65 bb)
      BTN: $3.50 (175 bb)
      Hero (SB): $6.02 (301 bb)
      BB: $3.87 (193.5 bb)
      UTG: $1.48 (74 bb)
      MP: $0.81 (40.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A K
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.14, BB folds, MP calls $0.12, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.44) 4 7 T (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP raises to $0.67 and is all-in, CO folds, Hero?

No special reads on the villain, apart from his stack. He seems more or less reasonable though.

It's a fold regardless of our pot odds and the fact that he's pot committed, right?

The only hands we have +EV call here are draws (even the strongest ones), but he might have a lot of strong made hands as well, which makes our call unprofitable here.
  • 5 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Well you are putting in 39 into 178 so its about an oddscall if both of our highcards valid plus we have a bd flush, but you should have just check folded the flop in the first place.

Are we betting to make them fold or value ?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      So you reckon 3-handed we shouldn't bluff on a wet board?

It makes sense :) Especially if we consider stacks.

I'll make a note for myself, ty.

(of course I'm not c-betting for value here)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

against shortstack it is b/c spot (because of the pot odds). If midstack goes all-in, then you can fold. I would generally prefer there c-bet, since you always have there fold equity, they might fold small pp-s, sometimes shortstack is getting all-in his draws (AK is ahead against draws) and if turn is Q,K,A,club then hero can consider double barreling with quite a lot of fold equity+ overall good equity

best regards,
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

against shortstack it is b/c spot (because of the pot odds). If midstack goes all-in, then you can fold. I would generally prefer there c-bet, since you always have there fold equity, they might fold small pp-s, sometimes shortstack is getting all-in his draws (AK is ahead against draws) and if turn is Q,K,A,club then hero can consider double barreling with quite a lot of fold equity+ overall good equity

best regards,
      So AK is not really like bluffing, more like semi-bluffing, because overcards give us TPTK?

Would we cbet in two opponents on such board with something like KQo, KJo?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th334
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

best regards,
      So AK is not really like bluffing, more like semi-bluffing, because overcards give us TPTK?

Would we cbet in two opponents on such board with something like KQo, KJo?
      I think that KQ/KJ might also give up tp that might be good, but I would not c-bet these hands as often as AK. They are not really that often ahead and since board is drawy I don´t think you get that much fold equity, also it sucks when shortstack shoves smt like A8 and wins pot without improving.