[NL2-NL10] [Nl2 Sh] TPGK

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $1.88 (94 bb)
      MP: $1.25 (62.5 bb)
      CO: $0.41 (20.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4.19 (209.5 bb)
      SB: $1.45 (72.5 bb)
      BB: $0.98 (49 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K J
      UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.23) 7 T 9 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Raise/fold here? Calling leads to nasty things, just like it happened in this hand.

Turn: ($0.43) K (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

Calling is fine? Pot control and stuff :)

River: ($0.99) 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.86, Hero folds

If we raised the flop, we would be more sure in his strength here, and could fold easily on such a river.
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Given our hand I don't mind raise/folding although we don't usually have a ton of FE here (unless villain bets random hands).

As played what do you think villain has when he starts the betting small and grows it each street even though the board didn't change?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      As played what do you think villain has when he starts the betting small and grows it each street even though the board didn't change?

I think something big and scary that didn't want to freak us out. 2P, a set, or a straight.

Alternatively, some air, that got a pair on the turn, and 2P on the river :f_biggrin:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Th334

I think something big and scary that didn't want to freak us out. 2P, a set, or a straight.

Alternatively, some air, that got a pair on the turn, and 2P on the river :f_biggrin:

How do you call these type of range? ;)
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      A monster? A strong made hand? That's about all the synonyms that I know.

He might have had a straight on the flop, or he had an OESD, and the straight arrived on the turn.

I would still bet turn more with a straight, if I was him. Shouldn't be complaining though :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

He might have had a straight on the flop, or he had an OESD, and the straight arrived on the turn.

I would still bet turn more with a straight, if I was him. Shouldn't be complaining though :)
      Well you said his range is made up of nuts and possibly air. The term I was looking for is a polarized range (a range made up of the nuts and air)
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Well you said his range is made up of nuts and possibly air. The term I was looking for is a polarized range (a range made up of the nuts and air)
      Nuts with air...

Oh, true, so we are playing wa/wb in such spots?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Well WA/WB refers to situations where your hand is way ahead of his hand or way behind.

For example on a board like K82r we have KJ and we bet for value.

If he has a better hand we are way behind.
      If he has a worse hand he is way behind.