This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] QQ 3bet pot vs. a rock

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      BB: $1.58 (79 bb)
      MP: $2.72 (136 bb)
      CO: $1.83 (91.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      MP raises to $0.06, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, MP calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39) 4 6 T (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.26, MP calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.91) A (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.91) J (2 players)
      MP bets $0.52, Hero folds

The villain is a rock. When I saw an ace, I realized that it's all over. When even a jack showed up, I couldn't think of a single hand in his range that I beat.

...maybe it even will the first hand, where I will be told "gh" :f_rolleyes: oh I'm so excited :f_biggrin:

The only thing that disappoints me, is that you might say "barrel the turn!", and it won't be "a gh" anymore :f_cry:

Well, we could make kings fold with a barrel...or pay more to Ax. As I generally expect him to have Ax more often than kings, I decided not to barrel.
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I am not so sure everything ends with A on board. You can still make 0.5$ bet and then play check behind river. This is just mine opininon and i hope coach will say gh to you:)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: flop looks fine.

The rest looks good too, I'd say GH if villain is indeed a rock. However I can see him having more sets than Ax hands unless he likes calling preflop/flop with AQ/AK which not many do.

On the river the only hands we beat are bluffs like 77-99 but most rocks don't bluff those hands, so again nice fold.