Stacks:
      cincinkid (UTG) ($21.15) 106bb
      UTG+1 ($21.26) 106bb
      CO ($20.43) 102bb
      BTN ($25.87) 129bb
      SB ($14.22) 71bb
      BB ($20.84) 104bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) cincinkid is UTG Q K
      cincinkid raises to $0.70, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.70, SB raises to $1.20, 1 fold, cincinkid calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: K A 9 ($3.70, 3 players)
      SB checks, cincinkid checks, BTN checks

Turn: K ($3.70, 3 players)
      SB checks, cincinkid bets $2.40, BTN folds, SB calls $2.40

River: 5 ($8.50, 2 players)
      SB bets $6.45, cincinkid folds

SB play just looks like he got AK or AA and slowplayed 2 streets. I can't give him a weaker hand so i folded.

Final Pot: $14.95
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Probably gonna get a lot of hate right now but...

I think turn is a check again. Kx or better usually bets, if it doesn't bet it's AK, AA, 99, maaaybe K9 that is slowplaying. If you are ahead you are lightyears ahead and will be almost impossible to get value. Ax cbets flop extremely often so he is left with QQ for 'value' or a very very weak Ax that calls once at most.

Since it was just a min3bet preflop, I would call many hands. Because I call many hands, I would have a lot of air here so I'd take this KQ hand and 'slowplay' (bluffcatch really) or value bet river. It's not that you don't have the best hand often but when you do you don't get much value (like I said, good Ax and Kx+ bet turns) so you are left with air or possible slowplays which is definitely more likely than against your standard opponent (he has low af, min3bet preflop).
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Maybe not hate but i don't think a turn check is realistic.

BU:

I will always be able to get value from the BU fish with 75/5 (yeah he is still in the hand!)
      he will call me down with any Ax and maybe call with 9x.
      I only bet the turn because of this reason since i thought SB gives up after checking 2 times.

Sure Ax cbets often but look at the smallblind stats: never saw him cbet, AF: 0,4, AFfreq: 8%
      He is very capable of checking anything.
      I also think there is no 99 and K9 in his range after his 3B preflop, even if it's very small.
      Such players think "hey i got such a good hand don't want to scare anybody away" -> click raise button for minraise.

And i don't think there is much reason to balance my range a lot since i'm in a hand with a 75/5 fish and a 27/11 passive player.

Would you ever not bet your trips after no sign of strength from such passive players?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      His preflop 3bet definitely has K9 and 99. Min3bets are quite random. Sure they often think 'make it small to not scare weak hands' but it's also '*hic* I click buttonzz' a lot of the time.

It's not really to balance, it's just that it's not that easy to get value from SB even if you are ahead 90% of the time. That's why I said 'slowplay' but not slowplaying to start raising any bet.

With BU involved as well, betting will be more likely to get value than just vs SB ofc. I think river becomes a call though. He has 3 AA and 3 AK combinations and you get 30% pot odds to call. He needs 3 combos of hands worse than KQ to call. If you think QJhh, JThh are in his range, maybe Axhh then you have a river call.