45man SNGs

• joonatan11
      joonatan11
      Bronze
      Hey!
      I was wondering who big is the skill difference between $.25,$1 and $3,5 45man SNGs at stars. Or are they all basically the same ?
      I have tried some(400 or so total) $.25 and $.50 ones and non-turbos seem to suit me better. But in the long term, is it worth playing non-turbos? I could get much more volume by playing turbos and therefor maybe better $/h.
      So should i put more effort learning torbo format?

And maybe there is someone who is playing $3.5/45 and up and is willing to look at my HH and point out some mistakes. Someone who hasn't coached before and wants to try coaching on me...( free of course) I would appreciate it very much.
      :s_biggrin:
  • 13 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      3.50 turbos are very soft

Tried non turbos a couple of times but its too long so gave up
      I think turbos are good for hourly
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      The skill difference shouldn't be very big in these stakes.
      If possible you should concentrate on turbo's. They offer more traffic, are way faster for playing and will most likely reward you with a better hourly. At the same time your ROI might be slightly lower - but that doesn't matter as long as your $$$/h ratio is better.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      Nonturbo 45man..

Turbo..

Its a good way to bild bankroll, variance is lower in nonturbo games and you need bigger roll for turbo.
    • joonatan11
      joonatan11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by reggie123
      Nonturbo 45man..

Turbo..

Its a good way to bild bankroll, variance is lower in nonturbo games and you need bigger roll for turbo.
      Nice non-turbo graph...

Yeah, i feel much better playing nonturbos because lower variance... I have to get more comfortable playing push-or-fold to start playing turbos...
      I think i'll play reg speed till i build bigger roll for the turbos.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I would recommend 200 Buyins for the 45men turbo's.
      The non-turbo's should be playable with 100 Buyins.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      in non turbo your edge is bigger if you are better than most people on those postflop as blinds dont grow that fast, however your $/h is what counts, so it might be more profitable to play turbo ones as you can put in more volume, and there isnt much difference between non turbo and turbo except that you will have more postflop game in non turbo games, and i think that only difference between levels that you mentioned is the number of regs who know how to play those is bigger in 3.5$, but im not sure how many regs are there that are good at that stake.. :f_p:
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I dont think theres really any regs that play 3.50's should be beatable with a general idea of a push/fold game. Pushing insanely wide when antes hit and slow down a bit when you are near the ft
    • joonatan11
      joonatan11
      Bronze
      I found this article in SNG section Four standart charts for push-and-fold stage and i was wondering can I apply this for 45 man SNGs? Or is it strictly for 9 man?
      Just want to start grinding turbos soon, and to get better at Push-or-fold stage...
      Non-turbos seem to go pretty well atm...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Started playing 45man's at the 60 game mark.. And there are some $1 STTs and $.5 turbos in the middle pulling the line down...
      :f_biggrin:
    • onmybike
      onmybike
      Black
      i started 6 month ago with a 10$ challnge to build that to 10k.
      Start playing 0,5$ 45 mans and move ups till 30$ and made my challnge done last month.
      I think there is not a lot of differents between 0,25 and 0,5 then there is some skill different between 0,5 and 1,5. and then is just with 1 limit higher just some skill different but not a lot. I think when you beat 1,5 solid you beat 3,5 too and do ok on 7$. Only there are way more regs then in stead mtt and 180 man and volume will drop with 7+ buy-ins but by then you can better play other game to get higher hourly imo.
    • joonatan11
      joonatan11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by onmybike
      Start playing 0,5$ 45 mans and move ups till 30$ and made my challnge done last month.
      I think there is not a lot of differents between 0,25 and 0,5 then there is some skill different between 0,5 and 1,5. and then is just with 1 limit higher just some skill different but not a lot. I think when you beat 1,5 solid you beat 3,5 too and do ok on 7$. Only there are way more regs then in stead mtt and 180 man and volume will drop with 7+ buy-ins but by then you can better play other game to get higher hourly imo.
      $10 to $10k, well done! :f_thumbsup:
    • onmybike
      onmybike
      Black
      Originally posted by joonatan11
      Originally posted by onmybike
      $10 to $10k, well done! :f_thumbsup:
      thx :f_biggrin:
      gl with the 45 mans
    • joonatan11
      joonatan11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joonatan11
      I found this article in SNG section Four standart charts for push-and-fold stage and i was wondering can I apply this for 45 man SNGs? Or is it strictly for 9 man?
      Just want to start grinding turbos soon, and to get better at Push-or-fold stage...
      I'm still wondering about the charts... Are they any good in 45man SNGs?
      :f_p:
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I don't think the charts are very accurate for MTSNG's. In general I am not a friend of plays that are solely based on charts. You should always understand what you are doing and therefore you shouldn't depend on a chart to make your decision.

You may find similar charts with a few differences in the mtt section btw:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/mtt/1551/1/

Regards,
      Asaban