[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - T9o on CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $55.50 (111 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $51.75 (103.5 bb)
      SB: $49.15 (98.3 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $36.79 (73.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 T
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 2 5 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3.75) T (2 players)
      BB bets $2.34, Hero calls $2.34

River: ($8.43) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.26, Hero folds

Results:
      $8.43 pot ($0.46 rake)
      Final Board: 2 5 6 T 6
      Hero mucked 9 T and lost (-$4.09 net)
      BB mucked and won $7.97 ($3.88 net)

Stats: VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 5,7, Hands: 1067

I had only 140 hands on him at this time, but he already looked like a very solid player, and not much aggressive.

I check the flop because with his call OOP on BB vs my CO (I had a tight image on him at that point in time) I very often put him on a PP that won't fold to my flop CBet, and I don't fear him having draws, and if he has, they must be suited, and there's no FD on board.

I get my top pair on turn but he leads, therefore I call, raise seems excessive as I make any worse hand go away, also this could be a bluff from him, so fold doesn't feel right at all.

But then he bets again river, and it looks like a value size.
      At this point I feel like he either has a higher T or some set (now FH).
      Should I have found a call there?
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      He vbets all better Tx and better made hands so I think it's a fold. He also doesn't bluff often imo. If you had KT it's probably a call. Think of how T9 is different from KT here against his range.

One question:

I don't fear him having draws, and if he has, they must be suited, and there's no FD on board.

What do you mean by this? What if he has draws in his range on the flop? How does that affect your decision with your hand?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      He vbets all better Tx and better made hands so I think it's a fold. He also doesn't bluff often imo. If you had KT it's probably a call. Think of how T9 is different from KT here against his range.

One question:

I don't fear him having draws, and if he has, they must be suited, and there's no FD on board.

What do you mean by this? What if he has draws in his range on the flop? How does that affect your decision with your hand?
      Do you mean a fold on river or turn?

By that I mean that I don't think he calls with low showdown value draws like T9-54 on BB, OOP. And vs my CO, which is tighter than BU. If he really does that, I think he does that just with suited ones.

If I know that he has some hands like those in his range instead, I might think about CBetting the flop because there's more chance of hands that didn't hit or hit weakly (54, 89, 9T, TJ), unlike PPs in this case, I don't think there'a a single PP that folds here. 33-44 gutshots, 22-55-66 sets, 77+ overpairs.
      And on a blank/face turn I could always 2nd barrel maybe.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I meant river. Turn he still bets with all weaker pairs, flushdraws, random overs. River is where it gets close.

Regarding cbetting:

If draws don't fold, why do you want to bet air? How many turn cards are good for you to barrel?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      I meant river. Turn he still bets with all weaker pairs, flushdraws, random overs. River is where it gets close.

Regarding cbetting:

If draws don't fold, why do you want to bet air? How many turn cards are good for you to barrel?
      Hmm right, only faces would be good I guess, but I'm not even sure if he'd fold something like AQ to my flop CBet soo....
      Yeah, got the point, it's always a check on flop here.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare

Regarding cbetting:

Hmm right, only faces would be good I guess, but I'm not even sure if he'd fold something like AQ to my flop CBet soo....
      T9o without much folding equity is a check usually. That was the answer I was looking for. You can cbet a hand such as A3, backdoor flushdraws, maybe higher overcards with some backdoors like J7ss for example. J is a better pair, backdoor flush, backdoor straight, etc. Way more equity to continue when necessary.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare

Regarding cbetting:

T9o without much folding equity is a check usually. That was the answer I was looking for. You can cbet a hand such as A3, backdoor flushdraws, maybe higher overcards with some backdoors like J7ss for example. J is a better pair, backdoor flush, backdoor straight, etc. Way more equity to continue when necessary.
      Yeah with always I still meant T9o sorry I wasn't clear.
      Thx for tips ;)