This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH A5s iso raise + barrel

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      my thoughts here were that if i iso a hand like this i have to expect to play it postflop so i thought it's a pretty dry flop so i can cbet it, but since it's paired and i dont expect to get a hell of a lot of credit here i have to barrel at least 2. is this thinking okay or is it less applicable vs a player who is prepared to limp/call? because generally im pretty sure it's the regs who don't give credit on these boards so only vs those players will barreling be okay. normally you can 1-and-done vs a fishy guy because he isn't thinking about how likely it is that i flop trips.. so i'm not sure if it's a mistake to fire twice here.

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $11.49 (114.9 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      UTG: $10.32 (103.2 bb)
      MP: $6.04 (60.4 bb)
      CO: $11.51 (115.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A 5
      UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) Q 9 9 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.45, UTG calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.85) 6 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.88, UTG calls $0.88

River: ($3.61) 7 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero???
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: you don't need to barrel fish as a bluff often to show profits with these hands. We want to valuebet versus them and since on average we make a lot more money valuebetting we can make a lot less from bluffs.

Given how the board is and our weak hand equity I would just go for a delayed cbet (if he bets we fold).

Otherwise you run the risk of having to run 2-3 barrels with little hand equity vs what appears to be a fish.