UTG ($0.86)
      UTG+1 ($1.17)
      UTG+2 ($3.93)
      MP1 ($2.11)
      MP2 ($1.68)
      CO ($0.99)
      BTN ($1.17)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, fold, Hero calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.14) A:club: 9:heart: J:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.26, CO raises to $0.93 (AI), Hero calls $0.67

Close call for set value

Decided to c/r, hoping he would push alot of his Ax hands, along with KK, maybe QQ and some Jx.

Is this too optimistic? Am I just forcing many Ax, Jx hands out and just taking a small pot here and there, while waiting for being set under set? (also consider if he had a full stack, I am unsure how this would relate to a c/r)
      If I was to call, am I then missing value from many hands that shut down on the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Painterman,

PReflop: looks fine

Flop: Considering he is short he is most likely fishy or a midstack and in either case they won't fold an Ax hand. So I doubt that raising would get him to fold any Ax.

However KK/QQ/Jx would probably bet/fold unless he is a calling station.

Now if villain is a full stack and unknown (and since we play 2nl) I'd still go for a ck/raise. People don't fold enough TP but the only thing I'd might do is raise smaller so they fill obliged to call more often.