This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR - ATs Flop Raise

• painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.67)
      BB ($1.17)
      UTG ($2.02)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($2.21)
      MP1 ($0.92)
      CO ($1.77)
      Hero ($2.04)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, CO calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.19) 8:club: 3:diamond: A:club:

CO bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.38, CO folds

During this hand against an unknown, I raised to see if he hit a set, assuming he would call with pair of Aces, and raise with a set. do you think I'm chasing away too many weaker hands here?

In his l/c range I see alot of pocket pairs and low Ax hands, also XcXc hands
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Painterman,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: l don' t really like your statement that says I'm raising to see if he has a set. Why? Because we raised so small that villain could be induced to rebluff.

Since he bet close to pot which is what we would bet anyway (if checked to) I would call here and play the turn.

With a raise you may isolate yourself against the better part of his range which contains a fair amount of better hands or hands with a lot of equity.
    • painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Thank you for confirming that this was a horrible mistake!